For the Tappa fans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Tappa fans here

and those wanting to roll back the hands of time to circa 1997-2000, Theodore Whitmore made his debut in the Western Masters League this season playing for Violet Tourers. Masaters league is for players 35 years and older but they allow two 'under-age' but over 30 player per team.

He has given very strong indications he will not be back for Seba in the NPL next season and from what I hear he was almost all the way through the door in the January transfere window, back to Violet Kickers where he intends to end his career.

From what the grape vine says Tappa and Norman 'Bigga' Foster will be in the purple and gold of Violet Kickers next season in the St James Hart Senior league with the intentions of getting them to the Western Confederation Super League.

Now...think about it long and hard and carefully...does this sound like some one who is kicking down the door for a national call up?

If Tappa does not want the call up then why are people like Karl talking about Bora wasting a sqaud spot for a man who does not want it?

As for him being a coach, I am yet to see it...yes he did a good job at Seba in the short run as he was player/coach for maybe four games.

He was the one who put a former striker at defence when they were short staffed and the player turned out to be a find there...kudos to Tappa for spotting talent however doe she have what it takes to take a team through and entire season from pre-seaosn etc???

In one match when they led then had to settle for a draw with Wadadah he left quickly after the game and refused to talk to the media.

Tegat in my mind has proven himself worthy and should be the one to get the call up.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

And how does your football experience measure up to Bora's again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am still allowed my opinion, right? We are still living in a democracy the last time I checked.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Erm, where did you pull that response from?

Geez, sickko. You might want to take a chill pill!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

so sickko is saying a man has an opportunity to transition is playing career to coaching at the natl level and he wants to continue playing glorified corner league. Tell me this ain't so!

Comment

Hey, better than playing Bronx League, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              and those wanting to roll back the hands of time to circa 1997-2000, Theodore Whitmore made his debut in the Western Masters League this season playing for Violet Tourers. Masaters league is for players 35 years and older but they allow two 'under-age' but over 30 player per team.

He has given very strong indications he will not be back for Seba in the NPL next season and from what I hear he was almost all the way through the door in the January transfere window, back to Violet Kickers where he intends to end his career.

From what the grape vine says Tappa and Norman 'Bigga' Foster will be in the purple and gold of Violet Kickers next season in the St James Hart Senior league with the intentions of getting them to the Western Confederation Super League.

Now...think about it long and hard and carefully...does this sound like some one who is kicking down the door for a national call up?

If Tappa does not want the call up then why are people like Karl talking about Bora wasting a sqaud spot for a man who does not want it?

As for him being a coach, I am yet to see it...yes he did a good job at Seba in the short run as he was player/coach for maybe four games.

He was the one who put a former striker at defence when they were short staffed and the player turned out to be a find there...kudos to Tappa for spotting talent however doe she have what it takes to take a team through and entire season from pre-seaosn etc???

In one match when they led then had to settle for a draw with Wadadah he left quickly after the game and refused to talk to the media.

Tegat in my mind has proven himself worthy and should be the one to get the call up.
              Frankly I do not see the fuss. What is wrong with thinking you have the wherewithal to take a team from a lower league to a higher league.

...and, Siccko kindly remember we are talking about two lousy leagues. The NPL is crap!

As a player Tappa personally will get more physical work in at the lower level where it is mad running around and brutalising anyone in path.

As coach - as contributor to the encouraging of players to use the "thinking process" as they go about attempting to play football, Tappa may well be forced to be more of a hands-on teacher/coach. Turning a hapless collection of players into competitive team may turn out to be excellent stepping stone...learning situation on the way to competent national coach?

Let's see!

Oh siccko: A player moving to a different local situation does not necessarily mean that player is not holding self in readiness for national duty.

...and, we have had over the years players in lower leagues being considered worthy of being on the national senior team -

Here are four -
              i) W.F. Green (KC - Schoolboy)

ii) Allan "Skill" Cole (Vere Technical - Schoolboy)

iii) Lindy Delaphena (Munro College - Schoolboy)

iv) Ian Goodison - (Olympic Gardens - KSAFA competition. Was Olympic Gardens not a Sydney Bartlett team i.e. a KSAFA lower division team/playing in the lower division when Pepe was called by Simoes? )

PS: I need help here -

1. Was Bibi on the Harbour View Premier league team when he was choosen by Rene Simoes to play for the Reggae Boyz?

If he was playing for Harbour View - how many matches had he played before being called - matters not if he started or came on as a substitute?

2. Did any of Andrew Sinclair, O'niel Russell, Deon "Messy" Wilmott, Neville Oxford play in the Premier League before being called to the Jamaica senior squad?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl..PLEASE Tell me you were on drugs when you sat down and wrote this piece of crap...If the NPL is crap as you so rightly said, the St James Hart Senior League is at least 15 rungs down and the Masters League have men in the mid-40runs with beer guts running around.

How do you mean any playercan actually improve their games by leaving the NP, for one of these horrible leagues..have you lost you flipping mind man???

This is one of the reasonss why so many people have stopped posting on this site cause peopl like you write such rubbish.

You will go to any ends to promote and defend your absurd reasonings.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  Karl..PLEASE Tell me you were on drugs when you sat down and wrote this piece of crap...If the NPL is crap as you so rightly said, the St James Hart Senior League is at least 15 rungs down and the Masters League have men in the mid-40runs with beer guts running around.
                  I have no doubt you are correct on the above! ...but, crap is crap!

Question: What can the national league in Jamaica teach a Tappa that surpasses what he has already learned?

Don't tell me about knowing how to protect himself from the 'cane-cutters'? I mentioned that in my earlier post.

How do you mean any playercan actually improve their games by leaving the NP, for one of these horrible leagues..have you lost you flipping mind man???
                  Question: Do you ever read what you are criticizing before putting pen to paper?

If you go back and read my post you will see; i) I said Tappa would improve his physical condition, and ii) the difficulty of taking/coaching/guiding/'pulling-on' a sub-standard team into a higher level of play will be good for his growth as coach!

This is one of the reasonss why so many people have stopped posting on this site cause peopl like you write such rubbish.

You will go to any ends to promote and defend your absurd reasonings.
                  Questions: Have you ever run into any person who does not understand what is written and or said and therefore label it rubbish?

...or, have you ever heard any person not agreeing with a position and without examining same, term the reasoning rubbish?

...then, ofcourse there are those who are just dismissive of any argument that does not dove-tail with their thinking...are you such a person?

Statement: I think it would not be surprising if persons falling into the category mentioned found it difficult to continue reading this site.

One of the reasons I find this site so interesting is the lack of "yes-men". The various posters may agree at times but the personalities found have strong opinions and the character to most often state their positions clearly and most often in a rational manner. There is the strength of character to when convinced of the soundness of their arguments to 'break from the current trend'. That is refreshing! That is worth admiring!

BTW - You may be interested in learning that the number of registered visitors just keeps growing...and, the "hits" keep climbing.

I am sure there has been some attrition. It happens to all websites. The key is gaining new visitors at a greater rate than the rate of attrition. I know we are in the position of constant gaining of visitors at a greater rate than loss of visitors who do not return.

If you have been visiting this site from inception you would have noticed that there are peaks in viewership when the JFF is going through 'exciting times' and or when the national teams are engaged in competitive situations and there are troughs when the JFF goes to sleep.

Currently the JFF is not doing much...we are in one of those troughs...yet, the numbers of visitors are higher than previous periods of 'JFF slumber'. That's positive.

Those persons who believe in great possibilities for our football, are not adverse to different approaches to how situations can be viewed and or problem-solving approached will continue to enjoy the 'give and take' of discussions on this forum and the articles - news & opinions, stats & facts - presented.
                  Last edited by Karl; May 24, 2007, 09:51 AM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X