Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribery to play Jamaica game?

http://soccerly.com/article/soccerly...me-for-jamaica

It will be nice if he plays(for both teams).
    In my opinion,Ribberyis more of a test to our defense(thoseslicing runs and passes) rather than our midfield,Pogba(if fielded)will be a holder and tackler,poses more threat to our midfield.

Comment

Deschamps would be fired if Jamaica beat France
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

In the context of our previous performances on this tour...

...the thinking is, Can we be as fortunate as we were in the previous 2 games where a TEAM 5 or more goals better than us never scored less than 5 goals?

Will our performance continue to improve but the gulf between us and France remain as it was against the other 2 teams and we escape with a close score line?

Three times lucky?

The odds are against us!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

King Karl.

A loss is a loss is a loss...

Nothing good about it.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It will be nice (for both teams), if he plays... You had me wondering for a bit there... sometimes I'm slow on the uptake
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              King Karl.

A loss is a loss is a loss...

Nothing good about it.

HL: In terms of rebuilding, at this stage we look to potential for improvement. And game through to succeeding game we review with critical eye looking for improved play. So though we may lose, draw or win...it is not the outcome that is of utmost importance but quality of play...are we on a path to top quality or no? ...and what should be the lessons then taught/the following lessons planned and delivered to encourage that increased advance towards top quality play.

You are correct losing is never a good thing...but we have to be realistic. We are at the bottom of World football as far as quality of play is concerned so loses, particularly losses against top World teams is on the cards. ...however as we improve...continuously improve...expectations change to fewer and fewer losses...more and more wins...against the higher quality teams. For now...looking at our current quality of play against top quality teams, losses are on the cards!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ribery won't play, in fact I think he is out of the World Cup.

Comment

Ouch that will hurt France, almost impossible to replace a talent of that level, but they have a deep squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Ouch that will hurt France, almost impossible to replace a talent of that level, but they have a deep squad.
                    Latest reports suggest he still have a chance of playing, he is included in their 23 but is struggling with a back injury.

Comment

Working...
                    X