Just finish another busy year with the boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finish another busy year with the boys

I must say I am mostly please with the U8 PDA program. Both boys doing well and score about 30-40 percent of their Academy goals. They really try to teach the kids the basic things of the game, such as positioning, passing, support and pressuring the ball. In the Spring the kids had about 10 games and 3 tournaments. Not all the kids play in all tournament,

Seen some good teams. The boys doing well and had u9 trial for the elite program. This is a mixture of two football program. There was no doubt my 8 year old was going to make but because my 7 year old is small and I wanted him to play with his age group, but he wanted to play with his brother, I was sure he would make it but ofcourse he did. Now the U8 coaches are upset as they have a decent team and he was going to make it better.

I will do some summer work with them. These programs call for some discipline and the summer ends with a camp and some 3vs 3 ball games.

Now it is U9. It is a little expensive but they offer scholarship for some kids and offer a chance to work in concession at the field and some concerts to pay for it. It is going to be another challenging year and I miss watching my games on the weekend but they are will on their way to be athletes if they really want it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Can't wait to see them run out in the red white and blue
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      Can't wait to see them run out in the red white and blue
      Wrong colours HL

Comment

Congrats Sass.

It sounds like a similar program to what they have here in Central Florida. My bredren who is involved with Orlando City youth program told me that about 1000 youngsters turned up for tryouts a week ago, of which 80 were U8 boys.

On my side of town there is an organization named Rush Soccer which also has an Academy, if my daughter still shows interest I will make her do it next year. As you say it is not cheap.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X