Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-0 Drubbing; Facing Football Reality

8-0 DRUBBING; FACING FOOTBALL REALITY

So Jamaica gets thrashed by France during the latter’s final World Cup warm up match and the country is in an uproar. Ha!
    Reality can be such a tough thing to face.
    I am convinced that since this country qualified for the ’98 World Cup, in France, many of this nation’s football loving citizens feel we have a divine right to be there every four years. But while in principle there is nothing wrong with the ambition, our reality makes it quite a challenge to live up to expectations.
    There are several points here to consider.
    1) Football is not track and field, an individual sport that requires great levels of personal sacrifice and hard work to be able to excel at the very highest level.
    2) Jamaica has never really excelled at team sports. Besides the national netball team that consistently ranks among the top five in the world, no other Jamaican team has really done all that well. Yes, Jamaica has won the Caribbean Cup several times and occasionally shows flashes of potential at the CONCACAF Gold Cup and we qualified for ’98 but very little else.

http://gleanerblogs.com/sports/?p=2499

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The true reality is poor selection, poor chemistry, poor heart, where was the one heart concept in that game, poor adjustment or no adjustment, we lost the second half by two more goals than the first, no competitiveness if you see you are down by one then two, then three where is the reaction and natural defensiveness to play bus across the goal ball,what is really poor and is causing the uproar is we saw 'NO FIGHT' zero, zip, nada, zilch. Losing not a problem but losing and not learning is the real fright here.

Comment

S-gut, read the first sentence in # 2 again.

Put another way, Jamaica is not good at football as we try to fool ourselves.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

On merit it would not be a stretch to conclude the writer of

the article is an ass!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Four matches away in 14 days? What do you expect?

Mariappa was right. Playing France in France after 2 weeks of travel from New York for Serbia, to Lucerne, Switzerland for Switzerland, to London for Egypt is exhausting and to Lille for France is not the right environment and condition to expect excellence from professional athletes.

I saw a whole lot more positives than negatives coming out of this four-match tour for our national team. I hope the next time we play France it will not be after an exhausting world tour and with at least 5 days of training in one location.

Under the circumstances, Well done Jamaica!

Comment

maybe not "well done" but "good try".

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
              Mariappa was right. Playing France in France after 2 weeks of travel from New York for Serbia, to Lucerne, Switzerland for Switzerland, to London for Egypt is exhausting and to Lille for France is not the right environment and condition to expect excellence from professional athletes.

I saw a whole lot more positives than negatives coming out of this four-match tour for our national team. I hope the next time we play France it will not be after an exhausting world tour and with at least 5 days of training in one location.

Under the circumstances, Well done Jamaica!
              Weh yuh deh haul dis time?
              Good to see you, sir!

Like you I saw great potential. Unlike you that talk of 'tough schedule' does not wash with me. Our Reggae Boyz were crap in all the matches save for a short sweet period in the 3rd match. The score-line against the three did not blind me to the actual on-the-field performance. They were awful!!! Realistically, not one of the TEAMs we played is less than 5 goals better than that TEAM Reggae Boyz.

...but the positives are there - This could be molded into excellent TEAM Reggae Boyz!
              Last edited by Karl; June 10, 2014, 08:42 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you think a St.Vincent we did a play?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  you think a St.Vincent we did a play?
                  St Vincent 5 goals better than those Reggae Boyz?
                  Sass, a wah di...yuh a seh?

Comment

Working...
                  X