I asked the question here and in another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked the question here and in another

football discussion elsewhere, why Carrick wasn't in the England World Cup squad. Karl with his usual long post claimed he is too slow ... others made some comical comments. Elsewhere they referred to MU's terrible season. Well ..... just days out there is now a concern.

In the age of double pivots (almost every top national team plays with one), England still haven’t played with a established duo in midfield who are responsible defensively. Xabi Alonso-Busquets, Schweinsteiger-Khedira/Kroos, Mascherano-Gago, Paulinho-Luis Gustavo all are established double pivots for their respective sides. With Gerrard moving to a deeper role and Jordan Henderson more of a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive shield,England don't have any other player in their squad of 23 who can offer protection to their defence. -

Opps .... can we out the toothpaste back in the tube?

See more at: http://www.thefalse9.com/2014/06/why...The+False+9%29
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

That England is weak at the back is fact!
    Will she be 'all that bad' defensively? Not if she plays FULL TEAM defense.

Will say Sturridge come back on defense?
    I have my doubts.

...but Rooney, Lallana and Sterling shall. The others will all defend full time. My doubt is Glen Johnson. Firstly, it appears he hates defending...often missing or late or when in right stop as the game goes on gives less and less effort. Funnily, his effort level when going forward does not drop off to the same degree.

Anyway we speak of defense so... England to play 2 short on defense. Not good when or if she goes into the next round and beyond. ...so would you already concede 2 spaces to the opposition and put in a slower player in one of your other spots (only region Carrick can claim) as Johnson I expect to be a fixture.

btw - Welbeck when he replaces a forward or midfielder, or if he starts puts in good defensive effort. Unfortunately, so far he has been a poor striker.

I think playing Carrick in this England TEAM is courting disaster. The back is weak and you would be making it weaker by substituting good pace with awful pace. If you cannot get to the ball, what defensive presence can you supply?

Joke - He would be great against a slow passing Reggae Boyz!!!! ...or other CONCACAF TEAMs save Mex & USA!!!! ...unfortunately he would never see such type TEAMs at the World Cup...

Honduras seem to be way out of contention...way below quality TEAMs they shall face. btw - Cannot remember seeing Costa Rica lately?
    Last edited by Karl; June 10, 2014, 04:21 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X