HL!!! You're a U.S. supporter, so what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!! You're a U.S. supporter, so what do you think

of the moves Klinsman has been making, especially in the last 6 months???
    He wants to give a good showing at this WC, but what he's doing suggests, to me, that he's building & recruiting for 2018 & beyond.....He has picked Julian Green, DeAndre Yedlin & Timothy Chandler all controversial selections, but younger than the players most expected him to pick, & going after Gedion Zelalem (who turned down a call from Germany U19 & weeks later his father received US citizenship). He brought in Berti Vogts as an advisor, & made changes to the youth & U23 setup.

USAF:

A football coach suit-case must always be packed--and him car tank fulla unleaded gas.

I like a manager who does not manage by consensus.

There is a program on ESPN that covers the USA team journey to Brazil. I like what i see of Klinsman's management style.

Indeed he is looking longterm. I just don't see Green getting a minute of playing time. The experience though is priceless.

On hindsight, i am regretting not going to support the team in Brazil.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
      of the moves Klinsman has been making, especially in the last 6 months???
      He wants to give a good showing at this WC, but what he's doing suggests, to me, that he's building & recruiting for 2018 & beyond.....He has picked Julian Green, DeAndre Yedlin & Timothy Chandler all controversial selections, but younger than the players most expected him to pick, & going after Gedion Zelalem (who turned down a call from Germany U19 & weeks later his father received US citizenship). He brought in Berti Vogts as an advisor, & made changes to the youth & U23 setup.
      On point!
      Everything I see says he has the backing of the most powerful man in USA Soccer - *Sunil Gulati. Klinsmann's (...and Gulati's) plans is as you suggest is for the long haul!!!

*CHICAGO (March 1, 2014) – U.S. Soccer’s membership re-elected Sunil Gulati as President of the U.S. Soccer Federation by unanimous consent on Saturday at the Marriott Marquis in New York. Gulati, who ran unopposed in the election, enters his third four-year term after having served as U.S. Soccer’s President since 2006.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014...cted-ussf-pres

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunil_Gulati
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well, whatever Jurgen is selling the U.S. federation is buying, because last year they gave him a contract extension till 2018. I don't remember any other U.S. coach getting an extension before the WC, he also has full control of all the men's teams.

Comment

He's been given full control of all the men's teams. Will be interesting to see how the U23 perform in Olympic qualifying.

Comment

Wish most clubs and countries looked long term when it comes to management.

Jurgen has the team playing and thinking the way he wants.

I think his preference for german born US citizens is that they understand his basic principles.

HL

Comment

I see them using Green as a sub late in games. It will be hot & humid and you have a young, fast, fairly skillful player with lots of energy & eager to prove himself. That could be our X factor.

Comment

Good eye and what slipped under the radar is that Klinsman solved the Mexican question. Most haven't noticed that the US qualified ahead of time with games left to play. This shows they are moving to rank among the big boys. Consider what Italy, Brasil, Germany and Argentina would have done if they were in our Hex? Qualify ahead of time.

The US is shaping up for something big down the road.

Comment

Hope so!!! Like some of the pieces in place.

Comment

Yah man the US is one the way. Ja is coming along too slow though. What Ja has going, is athleticism and teams are figuring out the Rboyz. Ja need to place heavy emphasis on technique (at the youth level) combine that with athleticism and the US won't just qualify with a game in hand.

Comment

Be careful how you speak about "X factors"... just a word of warning to the wise.
                      Peter R

Comment

I see them providing local coaches with training, BUT there's a BIG difference between theory & practical, & the JFF should resurrect their Brazil connections or something in Germany, through Schafer, and send at least 5 of your young & brightest coaches & trainers to get good, solid practical experience, so they can add REAL value to the teaching & development of young players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                          Yah man the US is one the way. Ja is coming along too slow though. What Ja has going, is athleticism and teams are figuring out the Rboyz. Ja need to place heavy emphasis on technique (at the youth level) combine that with athleticism and the US won't just qualify with a game in hand.
                          Serious question: Can someone define "athleticism" for me please? and don't other teams have this quality ?(whatever it is)...
                          Peter R

Comment

You're right!!!! I wonder which 5 or 10 teams he's backing to win the WC??? Maybe he's waiting until after the finals to let us know.

Comment

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X