WC opener - Brazil Vs Croatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC opener - Brazil Vs Croatia

This should be a good game and by no means will be a walk over for Brazil. They will have to fight to win this one!

The Croats have in their lineups Brazilians Eduardo and Sammir. On top of that, they have Real Madrid's Luka Mordic pulling the strings in midfied and Mario Mandzukic and Ivica Olic up front.

It should be an interesting competition. While I am rooting for Brazil, I know these guys are not going to just lay down and allow themselves to be overrun by Neamar and Co.

Start time: 3:30 PM EST on ESPN
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    This should be a good game and by no means will be a walk over for Brazil. They will have to fight to win this one!

The Croats have in their lineups Brazilians Eduardo and Sammir. On top of that, they have Real Madrid's Luka Mordic pulling the strings in midfied and Mario Mandzukic and Ivica Olic up front.

It should be an interesting competition. While I am rooting for Brazil, I know these guys are not going to just lay down and allow themselves to be overrun by Neamar and Co.

Start time: 3:30 PM EST on ESPN
    Agreed...save one question: Is Mandzukic injured?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He might be, I am not sure.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Agreed...save one question: Is Mandzukic injured?
        Suspended for being a bad boy

Comment

I am signing off the forum now...since I am taping the game.

Man like Karl and Jangle don't know how to keep the score quiet
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Guys please take a look at Rakitic in the Croatian midfield, he is quality. Will play for one of the giants of world football no doubt

Comment

Brazil escaped!

Penalty?
              Iffy!

The 2nd time Croatia got the ball into the net, appears to me goal should have stood. 'keeper backed across his goal & as Croat's player jumped and headed ball cleanly. Certainly the Croatia player should not have refused to head that ball and allowed the 'keeper his earlier claimed space?

Oscar my MOM!
              Great fight to win ball and feed teammate that resulted in Brazil's 1st. Worked his socks off for TEAM and had high %age passing accuracy. Great movement. Smart play for Brazil's 3rd - great toe-poke. Fooled the Croat's 'keeper into very late movement.

Aside: Based on this just concluded game, Croatia should have an easier time of it against Cameroon than Brazil. Brazilian players get off their passes later than the Croats and if they replicate that dwelling on the ball it should allow Cameroon's players more time to close down than shall the Croats swift simple passing game.

Both TEAMs moved well off the ball. However, the Croats did a far better job than the Brazilians.

Which TEAM got/had more good chances?

Both TEAMs to step it up a notch in their next game. Caveat: The humidity took its tool. Can the players on each TEAM completely recover?
              Last edited by Karl; June 12, 2014, 06:41 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X