Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The French are invading!!!!

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Naw tell no lie, the French and the Dutch have played the best ball so far.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Mi hope dem pick up 9 suh the 8 we pick up can fade from memory.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...did someone say Switzerland was a good TEAM?

I am still in shock on their earlier win!!!
        Ecuador played them like a bunch of 'Frighten Fridays".
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What makes this French so dangerous is because they are skilled and they share the ball.

Comment

Pogba looks like a yute straight out a TivaRli

Comment

And the Germans

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Naw.... the Germans look like them in for a beating.

Comment

you mussi did a spoke one a X bighead when you did a watch the German game to rhatid. LOL.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

5-2

Hop Suisse!!!!

The Swiss missed a ton of sitters.

Comment

How many sitters did the French miss?. C'mon Willi I know you live in Swiss land but really???

Comment

France? - last match against the Swiss?

Score-line: France 5 - 2 Swiss.
                        So who are these Swiss? Hard workers...who too often gave the ball to a French TEAM that was also quite liberal with gift of the ball back to the Swiss.

Not convinced this French TEAM (good set of players). ...can be good TEAM on many days, but in this World Cup moving through level to higher level as a TEAM advance? I am not convinced that they can progress beyond the next round.

Let's see how they perform in their next match and then review in mind's eye total quality over the three matches. Hey!...my selections on matches in the Round of 16 shall soon be made.
                        This first round shall soon be behind us.

Great World Cup thus far.
                        Prediction? - It shall get even better.

Disappointment
                        - Player: Raheen Sterling!
                        Thought he would have been more of a TEAM-man=passer and mover/mover and passer. Lost the ball much too often trying individual 'brukin' skills. Could have helped his TEAM much more.

- Team: England!
                        Expected greater professional play on discipline (compact shape) and in passing ability.

Oooh yes, some will ask; what of Sturridge?
                        I would answer; Greatest reason why England failed to advance. He wasted time on the ball...turned over the ball too often or held the ball 'to allow' his opponents organize defensive posture & thus reduced TEAMmates 'time and space'.

Apparently forget concept of "give and thou shall receive".=play for TEAM set-up TEAMmates and it is inevitable greater number of scoring chances will be created (and also for self) than otherwise would be.

This is a TEAM game. ...and at this level what you can get away with at lower levels, not here!!!

Surprise!
                        - TEAM Costa Rica! ...definitely!!!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, for one so big on the TEAM theme (as I am) how on earth can you believe that Ivory Coast and Ghana are "light years" ahead of the CONCACAF teams?

Makes no sense.
                          Last edited by Islandman; June 21, 2014, 09:44 AM.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

King Karl, I stopped reading your post after you said 'the French are not a good set of players'.
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              Karl, for one so big on the TEAM theme (as I am) how on earth can you believe that Ivory Coast and Ghana are "light years" ahead of the CONCACAF teams?

Makes no sense.
                              We have 4 CONCACAF TEAMs in this World Cup.
                              2 - Mexico & Costa Rica have been performing very, very well as TEAM unit. ...and at this stage appear to be just below the level of Ghana and Ivory Coast...not on TEAM play...but just TEAM TO TEAM on combined technical skills and player physical strength. I think if the CONCACAF TEAMs meet the others 10 times the results should favour the African TEAMs more often than not. On one-off games as the next round onwards shall be...(?)

...but which TEAMs do you think would perform better against the best TEAM IN THE WORLD (i.e. the German TEAM), the CAF teams or the CONCACAF teams? My money would be on the CAF teams, Ivory Coast (in their immediate two past matches playing way below potential) and Ghana.

Aside: The CONCACAF TEAM USA by its standard played poorly. I expect the USA to present vastly improved TEAM play against Portugal and Germany.

btw - If the USA improves passing completion %age rate to its usually rate
                              if she advances and meets Mexico or Costa Rica I would expect USA wins.

USA is still, in my opinion, tops on football ability than the current excellent Costa Rica and the certainly 'not shabby' Mexico. In the context of this World Cup tournament: USA's potential for raising game far higher than that of Costa Rica and Mexico, two teams I conclude are currently playing at the top or extremely near top of their game.

The 4th CONCACAF TEAM, Honduras put in stout performance in its last match. Great energy...but as far as the playing of football goes, lousy technical skills and lousy TEAM play. ...yet they could have come away with a more favorable result. That is football for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X