PeterR you asked about Speed & Athlectism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeterR you asked about Speed & Athlectism

Well they were in abundance in the two African teams today. Atsu for Ghana and Ezeke(sp) for Nigeria.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Emenike

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I was watching Atsu. Young Chelsea player that is impressive!
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I asked about "athleticism"... not speed, just to clarify.

Plenty "athleticism" was also on display in matches they (Ghana and Nigeria) lost and drew... just saying.

BTW I haven't read the forum so I might be repeating but, the Germany v Ghana match was the best so far.

Sorry Ghana didn't win... and Gyan may have put some baggage behind him... that was a beautiful strike.
        Peter R

Comment

You may recall after the loss to the USA that I posted Ghana had a very good team. Always believed they could have beaten Germany and they almost did that yesterday.

Still would love them these African teams to play safer. Defenders can't be dribbling out of defence. And better decisions must be made going forward. But I do believe they can compete with the best in the world. Their speed, skill and strength and athleticism are fantastic, and can make up somewhat for the efficiency and superior technical skills of the best European teams.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Even a US colleague at work said that Ghana balled them all 2nd half and US never impressed him except for organised defence and wonder strikes at goal.

I only saw the first half.

I had Ghana down to wn 3-1….Ghana waste dem chance there.

Ghana to me is better than Ivory Coas with their big names and Nigeria is better than I thought!

Muntari needs to pull up his pants though! LoL

Comment

Essian needs to start next match as Muntari is suspended!

Comment

except for organised defence and wonder strikes at goal.
                That is totally true. Overlooked is the reality that you will win with that kind of performance over a more talented team with an indisciplined defense most of the time.

Ghana redeemed themselves for me yesterday with their striking but they play the kind of ball that will break your heart more often than not. You will end up feeling that them "play wicked ball" but didn't get just results. Even Brazil eventually accepted that attractive ball would not be enough if you were not winning.
                Last edited by Islandman; June 22, 2014, 06:22 AM.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  You may recall after the loss to the USA that I posted Ghana had a very good team.
                  Wow...you must be some kinda technical football genius to have deduced that...

Comment

Working...
                  X