Dunny & Co the difference between Jamaica and C.Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good chat, sah!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      The JFF must also FACILITATE.....
      absolutely
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        I think one challenge we may have with that though, is that our players will be less comfortable living and playing in places like Mexico, S. America, etc. than players from Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. More of a culture shock.

One of the the best things that can happen for players from the Caribbean in that regard is for the MLS and US soccer generally to continue to grow and expand.
        The language and the culture being the shock?
        Sure but that does not stop players from other countries taking that on and doing well for themselves...

The problem in Jamaica are -
        a) Our system of educating the players to play;

b) Clubs unwilling to allow players to be transferred for market-value. As Dunny underlined the clubs demand fees way greater than the market-value of the players - (Why does that ignorance on value of the player occur? The club administrators were themselves produced by our system of education on how to play the game and teaches/inculcates 'nonsense method of playing' as 'great playing'.

The club administrators think their players are performing in a wonderful manner and thus demand transfer fees in line with their 'high assessment of the player's quality play'.

That is, Club Administrators/coaches = Ignorant on subject 'football' & 'top quality footballers' = Knows not and knows not that they know not...!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
          X, my argument is not that we have talent I am telling you it is not in abudance.
          I would disagree...but let us move on...

Sure there is talent, we as a people have the athleticism and skill but are we developing players? Do we as a country have enough youngsters playing the game? Do we have enough passion for the game? Does the parents push and support the youngsters to be the best they can be?
          What would that produce if the teachers/coaches are ignorant of 'the subject'/football and are teaching the kids the wrong concepts and skills?

I shall answer - Kids who cannot play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            Well for most people pretty girls hard to get, to just saying 😃😃😃😃
            I've found that so called pretty girls are often the easiest or most receptive (assuming dem also ave intelligence)

Why?? Less competition fi dem .... so many are deterred by their own inferiority complex

People cyan gwaan fight ova scraps wid ladies an balla... homey dont play dat

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              It depends on the definition of talent.... you both are using different definitions

Jamaica has a huge football talent POTENTIAL for it's size. It's obvious to any discerning person. That's LATENT talent.... not properly developed or not developed at all. So our effective player pool is small to zero

What Jamaica lacks and needs desperately is a talent development SYSTEM. Obviously countries like Costa Rica, Ghana etc have a good system.

When we apply a good system to the great potential talent... then we'll see good players develop.... and then the talent export issue will come into play. Speaking of exporting our improperly developed talent is largely a waste of time at this point. That's putting the cart before the horse

Without a structured development system nutten naw gwaan fi wi ... which is why the JFF has things a$$ backward with its mad focus on WCQ and UB40s. Time to put development as the #1 priority.... Not WCQ
              Bwoy DonUno, I don't know if you have been reading my back posts, but you are better at articulating what I've been saying over the years. Run with it sir. One of the few voices of logical reasoning on our way forward.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Bwoy DonUno, I don't know if you have been reading my back posts, but you are better at articulating what I've been saying over the years. Run with it sir. One of the few voices of logical reasoning on our way forward.
                lol

Comment

You save it with your player profile. You ever heard of Scanner or just copy the URL from the newspaper and put in your profile???

Again these are the kind of things that help make up coaches mind, other than that the only option you have is to call a coach and you get "yeahman" when you ask questions . Which is more credible???
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ok boss but farrin coach naw put much stock inna JA newpapah report

video ah dweet

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      How do you describe talent???

I don't think basic talent is the issue. The problem is basic training and understanding of the game by our players. The fact that we don't have structured programs, the fact that we don't showcase our best players.

AS you know how many players miss opportunities because they have never been showcased, never had a bio, no video, they don't get a chance to play at the highest level for longtime and we only believe in Bibi like money or good players with very bad habits.
                      In the context of the thread - You say a lot in the highlighted section. Please help us to understand exactly what you mean?

Never been showcased...
                      Where? Why?

btw - How is/was it decided that 'x' type had the necessary quality that demanded a showcasing?

Who made the selection of 'x' for showcasing?
                      Did that selector 'know what is quality player'? My reality is, those making the selections are leaving behind/overlooking the players with greatest potential for development to top quality players ...in the main selecting the inferior talents. As Gamma says, "a broken clock is right twice per day" so sometimes *the selectors 'buk-hup' and get it right...but rarely do they get it right.

*Certainly at the highest levels the selectors pick up too many REGGAEBOYZ who are of 2nd form talents.

...don't get a chance to play at the highest level ...
                      ...and which 'highest level' are you referencing? Playing where?

...never had a bio, no video...
                      Agreed!
                      Secondary issue - Where would they be playing that ensures acquiring bio & video that would assist those of us who hold selves ready and willing 'open doors' to jobs outside of Jamaica?
                      Last edited by Karl; June 23, 2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

that is what you think. A video goes a mile, write up, bio, been coachable put the icing on the cake. Trust me. Seen it. Video alone don't dweet a just part of the package, but we don't have either 90% a the time, is usually a coach or two a say "him good".
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ok boss

Comment

Working...
                          X