Jawge!!! We know that Scholari likes to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge!!! We know that Scholari likes to

stick with his "favorite" players till the end, BUT I hope he realizes 2 things:
    1. Fernandinho MUST start over lethargic Paulinho.
    2. Fred has difficulty keeping up with the game. He can't start. He was a pedestrian again & his reaction to the balls/passes is too slow. Can't believe a player can fall off so much in 1 year.

*Still think they should start Hulk as the striker. His size, speed, strength & work rate would cause problems for defenses & wear them down. Then have Neymar on the left & roaming, and Oscar on the right & roaming. Playing centrally behind Hulk, Hernanes as the creative, attacking midfielder.

Yup agree (sorry Paulinho but not seeing much from you this tourney) I would like to see William in also. Seems as if Frenandinho and William bring some fluidity to Brasil's attack (but we have a problem Fernandinho did not play Confed cup so . Neymar will need this help badly in the knock out stage.

Can't Oscar sit out one game (fred too)? Oscar showed us he has ability (or basically that he's Brasilian). These guys are daddy phil's fav sons hence you have to just bear seeing them on the field.

BTW did you see that Pile/Sombrero Neymar put on the Cameroon player next to the line. I laughed because I saw it coming (only that I didn't know Neymar was going to do it that way). Neymar pretended as if he didn't see him coming Sah? then he put it on again the passed. Neymar was really enjoying himself this game (hence Brasil's victory). Brasil is playing a dnagerous game with this one man band though.

Comment

Very much agree but i think Ocasar and Hulk are bugs.

Willian and fernandinho and even Ramires look better. Fred is there as a backboard for the play to bounce off. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Very much agree but i think Ocasar and Hulk are bugs.

Willian and fernandinho and even Ramires look better. Fred is there as a backboard for the play to bounce off. LoL
        Oscar is class, but I am not really sold on Hulk. Fernandinho and Ramires play different positions/roles than Oscar. Willian is a good player, but not better than Oscar.

I was telling you guys a few days ago that Big Phil needed to sit Paulinho and bring in Fernandinho. I was happy to see how Fernandinho came in and made huge difference and even got on the scoring sheet.Paulinho may be rusty as he was not seeing much action at his club Tottenham. It is difficult to expect him to just step to this level and fit in flawlessly without problems.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

How many balls did Oscar give away in dangerous positions yesterday???

I was fretting when dem sub Neymar, but Willian and Fernan picked up the tempo and started playing Brazillian ball. No more of the staccato nonsense for Hulk and Oscar who hold balls too long and kill the flowing play...

At one point Cameroon was playing more Brazillian ball than Brazil.

Comment

OK, so you will use a handful of situations to say the player (Oscar) is no good? If that is your logic, then I cannot argue with you.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think that Willian would be an asset if he's introduced as a 2nd half sub. Yesterday he was very active & combined well with Fernandinho & especially Marcelo on the wing. I think Oscar should start because he's more versatile (playing the wings & roaming). What I think Brazil is missing is that central creative midfielder, which would give more options, versatility & weapons in attack & the best player for that is Hernanes. That's a position every winning Brazil team has & the last such player was Rivaldo.

Comment

Not because a player performs as a sub means he can do the same in a starting role. Oscar is a more versatile player than Willian.

Comment

Nuh Hulk so much as Oscar but he (Oscar) will always start.

Comment

Class? I've been watching Oscar under the coach before Phil. I even saw him at Giants stadium. The only good game I ever saw Oscar play is the game against Croatia. He will not show up again for the rest of the WC and Brazil may just pay.

Comment

Brasil is going into the knock out phase now. They can ill afford to joke around in wait and see situation with Oscar (to see which Oscar will show up)

Hey if the Oscar that played against Croatia shows up then I'm silent. Brasil doesn't really need much to win this tournament from what I'm seeing. The players have to just show up for their team (just as what the US is doing).

William allows Brazil to look as the Brasil the champion; quick fluid passes, slicing up the defence of opponents.

Comment

With Scholari not using a central creative midfielder, spreading the ball from the center to the wings (Neymar & Oscar) & to a mobile & strong striker (Hulk), as well as being able to score, Brazil looks one dimensional (everything coming from Neymar), which sets up Neymar to be constantly targeted.

Comment

That is one point but if Brasil had another star equal to Neymar in technique then this star could also hold up the ball draw attention from neymar or Neymar doing the same. No such thing hence the whole team depending on Neymar. I think it was deliberately done by Phil. I do hope his plans work.

Comment

BTW Jawge, the man's name is WilliaN, just so we don't get confused.
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                              Class? I've been watching Oscar under the coach before Phil. I even saw him at Giants stadium. The only good game I ever saw Oscar play is the game against Croatia. He will not show up again for the rest of the WC and Brazil may just pay.
                              If you say so Jawge. How many times have you seen him play?

Comment

Working...
                              X