Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivory Coast - Most talented African TEAM assembled in my

...in my lifetime.

At least 2 tap-in spurned in the 2nd half.
    First Salomon Kalou goes for glory...refuses to roll the ball across the penalty-area for free TEAMmate's tap-in. ...then the shocker, a player I would never expect to repeat such a terrible anti-TEAM play, Yaya Toure does the same thing.

Deserved loss, for stupid players. Stupidity has its reward!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

They call them the Golden generation why i don't know. They always flop on the int'l stage. Look at Yaya, a dominant mid in the EPL, look like a pussycat in the world cup.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl, yuh Joking. What would you say of the Ghana team? Had Ghana been selfless in the final third Germany would have been beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Karl, yuh Joking. What would you say of the Ghana team? Had Ghana been selfless in the final third Germany would have been beaten.
        Ghana plays a different type game...not same technical skill level as the Ivorians. ...and not as competent a set of strikers. ...but just as indisciplined.

Ivorians display leaves me heartbroken.

* Damn I shall be a wreck after this World Cup...England dun bruk mi eart areadi. Ivorians jus bruk hit hup more!!!!
        Last edited by Karl; June 25, 2014, 01:36 AM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is it that when "backra" not in control African revert to...???

Ghana and Nigeria still get things right... for Africa!!
          Peter R

Comment

Karl watch Ghana again. One of the major reasons why Ghana was successful against Germany is that they did not think with the ball at their feet. Ghana moved the ball very swiftly. Look at Ivory coast and Nigeria. The thing with Ivory coast is that they depend on Individuality (Yaya Toure comes to mind) The Greeks were waiting for that game to win the ball and counter. Germany would have destroyed Ivory Coast.

Comment

Only on paper Karl, only on paper, I called it a way back that defense was suspect and Yaya needed to step up and he was almost invisible.

After complaining so much about how he is disrespected he should have dove more, his cast is probably better than Uruguay without Suarez, probably better than Portugal without Ronaldo, at least those two showed up and showed more than flashes. He should not utter a peep again about being disrespected and how them miss him birthday, amazing stuff, you cannot make that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                Only on paper Karl, only on paper, I called it a way back that defense was suspect and Yaya needed to step up and he was almost invisible.

After complaining so much about how he is disrespected he should have dove more, his cast is probably better than Uruguay without Suarez, probably better than Portugal without Ronaldo, at least those two showed up and showed more than flashes. He should not utter a peep again about being disrespected and how them miss him birthday, amazing stuff, you cannot make that up.
                Agreed!
                ...they certainly did not live up to the sum of the assembled talents.

Comment

Agree about the stupidity but that aside, was that a penalty in your view?

Seems a tad harsh.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    Karl watch Ghana again. One of the major reasons why Ghana was successful against Germany is that they did not think with the ball at their feet. Ghana moved the ball very swiftly. Look at Ivory coast and Nigeria. The thing with Ivory coast is that they depend on Individuality (Yaya Toure comes to mind) The Greeks were waiting for that game to win the ball and counter. Germany would have destroyed Ivory Coast.
                    Aggreed 100%
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Him bredda just dead. I think that also affected him mentally which brought out the pussycat Yaya.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Straight penalty. Sio trip the man in front of the ref.

Comment

Yeah, that happen after the second game still, never see too much there either. I saw the Ivory Coast team interviews with the guys all chilling together, my perspective then was that they look very close and are friends which should translate to greater chemistry, but I also saw a chillaxness that made me think, these are just some fat cats having fun, there is no hunger to excel in a World Cup style competition.

Comment

...but the bredda was slowly dying for a while. That could have had an effect on his mental preparedness. However, the Ivory Coast approached the game from "we dun gone through" perspective. They are a major disappointment.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely don't know the details there, but after all the sissypot complaining bout him birthday and he is being disrespected i thought he was going to light it up, but he was a total wet blanket!

Comment

Working...
                              X