Sad - $3 million in cash on a chartered plane to Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad - $3 million in cash on a chartered plane to Brazil

Accra (AFP) - Ghana's government said on Wednesday that it is sending more than $3 million in cash on a chartered plane to Brazil to pay appearance fees for its World Cup squad.

Deputy Sports Minister Joseph Yamin told radio station Citi FM in Accra that the government chartered a plane to fly from Ghana to Brazil on Tuesday after the Black Stars demanded they be paid their appearance fee and rejected having the money wired to them.
    "The players haven't been paid their appearance fee as such today," Yamin said. "It's as a result of the decision as to which mode of payment should be affected in this current World Cup

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ghana-a...2554--sow.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Sounds like some deep distrust between players and federation.

Sad but not surprising.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

there are other issues here too......players will have to declare the cash coming out and also because it is cash it could end up anywhere...with anyone

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

At first glance, i thought that that charter was piloted by someone i know very well.

Last week a pilot with whom i do business stop by our Store. Among the discussions... he said that he was on his way to Brazil. That he was hired by the Ghanian FA to transport several executives from Ghana to Brazil. He is a part of Air Transport Service Group (ASTG).

I got excited an asked if i could tag-along.

'Sure he said, if you will be ready to leave the following day'. Of course that was not possible.

But this flight that you mentioned Jangle appear to be a direct fron Ghana to Brazil.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

also this money thing can be a distraction like it was fpr cameroon

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X