The WC station in T&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WC station in T&T

has given fans the chance to vote for which game of the last round of the preliminaries they want to see live. That match is then followed by a delayed broadcast of the other match.

The USA v. Germany match was chosen over the Ghana v. Portugal match. Which would you have chosen? I would go with the majority here, USA v. Germany for me.
    Peter R

Here is the conflict -
    I am a US citizen. I am most impressed with what the USA has done over the last several years on football development. I take great pride in the advances and the reflection of same in the TEAMs USA - Age-group, Senior...man and women.

I listed on this forum a long, long time past of my admiration of German football...what it brings to the table. I am a football fanatic.

I have been praying for years, perhaps in equal measure that the country of my birth and the country of my African ancestors realize their fullest potential on football development, quality play and results.

Portugal does not tug at my heartstrings as do the above named TEAMs. Does not figure in 'the conversation'.

USA v Germany!
    ...and the cheer - Go USA! Go USA!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am with you on that! Well apart from the German-crush

Not that I don't respect them but have no particular love for their game.

BTW at my workplace tomorrow they have effectively given everyone time-off to watch the game. World Cup has been on the TV screens in the lunch room all tournament.

Things have certainly changed!
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

US/Germany of course!
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You are so right!
          Remember when many here claimed the game would not take on in the USA. That was disregarding "Soccer Moms" and the tremendous explosion in youngest of age-group teams... Sell it to the children and you have the seeds of ever growing future market.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

2014 and people still watch football on tv? a wah dis fadda

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              2014 and people still watch football on tv? a wah dis fadda
              Not everybody have it like you to fly to Brazil to watch all the games.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

got this neat new invention call the interwebs...you all should try it some time

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    got this neat new invention call the interwebs...you all should try it some time
                    Oh really never heard of it. Will check it out after the WC.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                    X