Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the rocket's red glare.........

....the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
    Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and the home of the brave!

USA! USA! USA! USA!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Well done USA! Well done CONCACAF!

Ghana....

Good ting me granny did tell me say we was Ibo... NIGERIA! DWL!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good game USA, even Bradley stepped up and tackled today .The Germans played the US with deep caution too. They (USMNT) are true Warriors; they fought their way out of the jungle. Now Belgium? So be it The US had no easy game that they could joke around; they had to fight and claw their way to round 16. Belgium better come with their A+ and even that might not be good enough.

Comment

The USMNT has been impressive to me, they are overachievers and you have to respect that.

Talent abounds, unrealized talent abounds almost as much.

Talent used its maximum effect, now THAT is special.

Comment

Yuh touch a good topic.There are many talented kids in the local travel leagues (in NYC) but if they don't play for the clubs in the burbs they can't be seen. Klinsman need at least two very talented stars for the next WC. He can scout the U16 or U17s (because they would be 20 or 21 next WC).

I think Klinsman may have to do the scouting (that is where the huge immigrant population is concentrated) himself. To be honst the real football talent usually shun college.

Comment

I think you are right. The good thing about having someone like Klinsman at the helm is that he will more likely understand that.

US professional sports are accustomed to using the college system as their minor league and academy program. USA Soccer will have to do it differently.

They are on their way though. Never thought I would see a city like Seattle get into the game like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_EWFQv0sc#t=37
            Last edited by Islandman; June 26, 2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Yup impressive with Seattle.

Comment

Bradley has been the biggest letdown. He has mis controlled so many balls, give them away cheaply in this tournament. I think he was better when he had hair on his head. Him need fi natty like Jermaine Jones
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If CR7 had buried his chances you wouldn't have been singing that tune... I just watched the Ghana Portugal match and to say CR7 "dash weh" would be an understatement.

Can't say I'm unhappy by the result though.
                  Peter R

Comment

I think he was better when he had hair on his head. Him need fi natty like Jermaine Jones
                    I do not think this is a choice on his part. It is what life dished out to him. he is bald at a young age, so he shaved off everything.

He was better today than his last games, but tended to give aay too many balls. Hopefully, he will improve against Belgium.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Well done USA!
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You have to realize that the US was in a tough group. Bradley was playing against top quality talent. Therefore what Bradley is accustomed to getting away with less talent he is punished at this level. The German game was one of caution and Bradley played within his parameters. He is still turning towards his own goal on receiving a ball. think this because of his lack of one on one skills. He's always looking to pass and not holding the ball then beating an opponent. I wouldn't blame him. I can bet he was coached to think dribbling is a waste of time or some "dipsy doodle". I know he never played futsal as a kid.

Comment

Jawge some of the balls Bradley gave away were poor and some of the decision he made. Beckerman who is an MLS footballer and Jones make Bradley look bad. Bradley has been playing in top leagues now for a while, he has no excuse for such poor decision making and focusing.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            The USMNT has been impressive to me, they are overachievers and you have to respect that.

Talent abounds, unrealized talent abounds almost as much.

Talent used its maximum effect, now THAT is special.
                            The US has done well to advance out of a competitive group BUT why do you find that bunch so special???

The USA has 300+ million people, virtually unlimited material resources, overwhelming (overbearing ) self confidence and world class management/organizational skills. Anything they need for success can and will be purchased on demand from the 4 corners of the planet...including players

Considering the objective realities and not the subjective media hype which invariably attends the USA.... to this point they're huge underachievers in football

They're many more hidden stories of the World Cup which are far more compelling than the oversold US saga .. i.e. teams or players excelling against the odds, not because of them
                            Last edited by Don1; June 26, 2014, 04:19 PM.
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Watch him again. His biggest deficit is lacking one and one skills and passing in tight spaces. Not really his fault; he wasn't raised to dribble when he was a kid. He was coached to pass and shoot.Don't watch the leaguse he plays in now, watch how he learned the game as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X