So belgium can't take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So belgium can't take

pressure? What if Belgium had to work in the jungle? Dem betta get sorted out by Tuesday, cause no quarter will be asked for nor none given.

Not sure about Belgium cannot take the pressure. They played today's game while resting seven or eight starters. Vincent Kompany, Eden Hazard (Came on in the 88th minute), Thomas Vermaelen, Toby Alderweireld, , Axel Witsel, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku, were all rested and they played an entire 45 minutes one man down and still ground out a result. So I am not sure that they cannot handle pressure.

That said, while they have quality players, the quality of their team will be tested by this US side who does not hold back anything against anyone. I think Belgium's coach Wilmots will be outcoached by Klinsmann, as Wilmots is not too experienced coaching at any level. If Belgium had a more experienced coach, with the quality of players at their disposal, they should be able to cause problems for the US. But I do not see that happening, especially if the US can close down Hazard.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla the time has long past where friendlies, best 11, statistics,rankings and what experts say (really matters). Come Tuesday Belgium will face one of the best teams in the tournament. It's either Belgium play some top class ball or go home. Simple.

Comment

Funny how all of a sudden, you start support the MLS and now the US.
        I find it amazing!
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Belgium had the easiest travel of all the teams. For the 3 games, they travelled TOTAL 1,100 miles.

The USMT on the other hand traveled ~9,000 miles.

Tilla, you will get this and other vital info. in your next issue of 4-4-2
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I don't really know what's your agenda but you are the site's admin. Therefore you can go way back where I said the US would make it out of the group. You can even check Karl's sticky where I endorsed his prediction of the US.

You know what? It doesn't matter. Yes since yesterday I started to support the USA. Fell better now?

Comment

..............................learning curve King Jawge is in the red

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                Belgium had the easiest travel of all the teams. For the 3 games, they travelled TOTAL 1,100 miles.

The USMT on the other hand traveled ~9,000 miles.

Tilla, you will get this and other vital info. in your next issue of 4-4-2
                HL, I hear people complaining about the travels of the USA. Whose fault is it? Who was it that decided where to set up their base? They made that decision.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Maybe it was strategic on the part of Klinsmann....

Germany i learned spent a few millions $$$ establishing their own camp in Brazil. Heard they were there for 27 days prior to the start of the game.

HL

Comment

yup, The entire German team is now speaking Porta -geese now.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hey once big Phil announced his squad everyone said "it's possible" some even went home early because of that

Comment

I don't really have an agenda apart from liking to mess with you Jawge. Nothing more.
                        I feel better now knowing that you have admitted only just starting to give the US their props recently.

Comment

I gave the US their props looong time ago. The US is one of the mentally toughest team out there right now but there is more to the game. I've long said the US need more technical players. Now Klinsman (in his time) was a technical player, also acrobatic thus he should be able to spot a way above average talent.

My issue was the Bradley circus. You forgot?

Comment

Hey you almost got it.Move learning to the top horizontal, make a 90 degrees anti clockwise turn (with the graph) and you will find me (the eternal learner)

Comment

Bradley did what he could, especially with his level of experience and exposure to the game. The same can be said for Beuce Arena.

The thing is, the US realized that for their program to grow, they had to invest in a better coach, hence Klinsmann. They also realized that it would also benefit the program to have continuity, so they have extended Klinsmann's contract to expire after 2018 World Cup. That in my mind is forward thinking and must be commended. I mean, even before the current WC was played, the USSF recognized and made the commitment. I can only give credit to any success going forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X