3. France
    4. Germany
    5. Netherlands
    6 Costa Rica
    7. Argentina
    8. USA

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Who you THINK will qualify or who you would LIKE TO qualify?
    Peter R

Comment

I would like:

Chile
      Colombia
      Nigeria
      Algeria
      Mexico
      Costa Rica
      Switzerland
      USA

I think:
      Brazil
      Colombia
      France
      Germany
      Netherlands
      Costa Rica
      Argentina
      USA

SO, I'm hanging my hat on Colombia, Costa Rica and the USA to definitely go through... Can't wait!
      Peter R

Comment

Your "I think" list matched mine.

But I agree, like the group stage, there will be some surprises.

No Brazil in your "I would like" list huh!!

I like this list too...just that for the safety of the country of Brazil, I hope they go forward.

PR, the nay sayers are just waiting on the opportunity to demonstrate why their country should not have invested $billions$ into football--over infrastructure and quality of life issues.

HL

Comment

True on the Brazil going through... but if dem play crap Chile will not be forgiving. Let the demonstrations fall where they may! I hope if Chile wins cooler heads prevail...

Next thing is to watch the quality of the reffing or how the calls roll. Chile MUST be very careful (in the box) as I AM SURE among the directives to the refs is: "Protect the (Brazilian) players from overzealous tackles, especially in the box"...
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            I would like:

Chile
            Colombia
            Nigeria
            Algeria
            Mexico
            Costa Rica
            Switzerland
            USA

I think:
            Brazil
            Colombia
            France
            Germany
            Netherlands
            Costa Rica
            Argentina
            USA

SO, I'm hanging my hat on Colombia, Costa Rica and the USA to definitely go through... Can't wait!
            Based on your "would like" list, it looks like you are 100% for the under dog!!
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Definitely for the underdog... I have not hung my hat on any particular team and since this WC is being touted as one of if not the best ever, so far, I wouldn't mind seeing a new winner of the WC, especially if it were a rank outsider...
              Peter R

Comment

Would be nice if it were a CONCACAF team... Mexico needs to go past this round for me and into the semis. They're regular qualifier, but have never made it past the quarter finals. According to Wikipedia, the highest they finished was sixth, twice, both on occasions when they hosted the tournament.

However, reality says different, BUT....
                Peter R

Comment

Mexico I am sure consider themselves good enough to win the WC.

The Netherlands have a contrasting style to Mexico. BTW, have they ever met before?

This Mexico team is playing possesed. Would love to see them put a lickin' pon netherlands

HL

Comment

2/8

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      Your "I think" list matched mine.

But I agree, like the group stage, there will be some surprises.

No Brazil in your "I would like" list huh!!

I like this list too...just that for the safety of the country of Brazil, I hope they go forward.

PR, the nay sayers are just waiting on the opportunity to demonstrate why their country should not have invested $billions$ into football--over infrastructure and quality of life issues.
                      That's an interesting thought H. While I would have preferred to see Brazil out of the competition based on their quality of play, the issue of public safety and the possibility of public demonstrations if they were to get eliminated is a real issue, that we can't ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                        1. Brazil
                        2. Colombia
                        3. France
                        4. Germany
                        5. Netherlands
                        6 Costa Rica
                        7. Argentina
                        8. USA

Your picks going great thus far!
                        100%
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

4/8

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            Your picks going great thus far!
                            100%
                            You need to highlight the TICOS too!!!
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Karl an ancient Chinese strategist once said "to hear the thunder clap is not the acme of skill"

Comment

Working...
                              X