RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would have thought???..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would have thought???..................

A MLS player is the HERO for BRAZIL.

You could extend that to... who would think you'd find a Brazilian player in that league?

The truth is Brazilians are playing all over the world in many leagues. There was a Trini Pro League team that had about eleven Brazilians in its squad at one time...
    Peter R

Comment

Brazilians have been playing in MLS for some time now, BUT Brazil's WC teams have only used players from Brazil & Europe......Julio Cesar has become an exception to the norm.

Comment

Julio Caesar is on loan from QPR right? So technically, he is still a player from an European team. I get you though, he is currently playing in MLS.

Brazil tend not to have good goalkeepers over the years. I can remember Taffarel from the early 90s, Peres for 82, Dida in 2006 WC, Leao in the 78 WC, etc, etc. None were particularly great goalkeepers. It is the same with Julio Caesar, and although he plays in MLS, when QPR got demoted from the EPL, it was rumored that he was supposed to join Arsenal. That didn't happen and he went on loan to Toronto.

I am wondering if now that QPR have been promoted back to the EPL, if he will be taken back or will he choose to make his loan to Toronto permanent?
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Haven't their goalkeepers done much better in penalty shootouts than in regular play? I seem to remember Taffarel starring the show in a penalty shootout when he was mostly woeful otherwise.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Haven't their goalkeepers done much better in penalty shootouts than in regular play? I seem to remember Taffarel starring the show in a penalty shootout when he was mostly woeful otherwise.
            Good point. And you're exactly right about Taffarel.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Working...
            X