Jawge!!! Now do you agree with me that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge!!! Now do you agree with me that

Big Phil should start Hulk as the striker???......Still feel that his strength, speed, power, skill and work rate would cause problems for defenses & wear them down.......And I still think they need a central creative/attacking midfielder (Hernanes) playing behind Hulk, to give them a more balanced & versatile attack.

Hulk, along with Neymar, gets the most cheers when introduced before the matches. I asked a Brazilian why Hulk was so popular. He said only with the ladies. He said most people did not think he was such a good player.

For his huge, hulky frame and seeming awkwardness, he is not having a bad tournament! And his goal against Chile should have stood!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't like Hulk at all. He will give you strong running, speed and power in the position he plays. I just don't like him for some reason.

With respect to his goal yesterday, I could go either way. In one instance, I could consider him controlling the ball with his shoulder. In the next, it seems as if the ball is controlled between the chest and upper part of his arm. I suspect that because the arm at the time was not in a neutral position but used to control the ball with the chest, then the reason it was ruled hand ball and no goal. I could live with the call.

I think a referee who was not as careful with his decision-making would have allowed the goal to stand.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        I don't like Hulk at all. He will give you strong running, speed and power in the position he plays. I just don't like him for some reason.

With respect to his goal yesterday, I could go either way. In one instance, I could consider him controlling the ball with his shoulder. In the next, it seems as if the ball is controlled between the chest and upper part of his arm. I suspect that because the arm at the time was not in a neutral position but used to control the ball with the chest, then the reason it was ruled hand ball and no goal. I could live with the call.

I think a referee who was not as careful with his decision-making would have allowed the goal to stand.
        Used the biceps area!
        Ref got it right!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes, the bicep area and the chest were used to bring the ball under control. Hand ball plain and simple if that is the way the ref saw it.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Doesn't matter if Hulk isn't scoring what's the point. At this stage only the ball going into the back of the net counts. It really pains me to see the Mansion/brand that Pele, Garrincha et al built being reduced to a hut made of straws.

BTW Mo that was a hand ball. That is my point about being reduced to a hut of straws. Brasil is being made to look average crying for goal that was clearly a hand ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Hulk, along with Neymar, gets the most cheers when introduced before the matches. I asked a Brazilian why Hulk was so popular. He said only with the ladies. He said most people did not think he was such a good player.

For his huge, hulky frame and seeming awkwardness, he is not having a bad tournament! And his goal against Chile should have stood!
              That goal was a clear handball and rightly disallowed.
              Hulk is too hit and miss for my liking, needs more consistency

Comment

Working...
              X