RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tragedy in Brazil as overpass collapses. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy in Brazil as overpass collapses. . .

killing two.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...busy-road.html
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Please don't tell me that was constructed for the WC...

I just checked the article, it says it was. Condolences to the bereaved...
    Peter R

Comment

Yes, it is sad.

Where is Westman, the civil engineer on the forum. Wonder what is his take on this?
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

This is very sad! My bredren from Jamaica had attended a match in Belo Horizonte, a city he found lively, if not crazy. Riot police were sent out following the match he saw.

I am no civil engineer, but in the required courses I took, bridges and other structures are overdesigned by a factor of 10. This is something that just should never happen. And for a whole section of the overpass to tumble dung like that, somebody forgot to carry the 1!

Sad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X