Neymar taken to hospital with back injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neymar taken to hospital with back injury

I thought he was only pretending on that last injury. They are saying he has been taken to the hospital with suspected back injury.

I hope it is not too serious. He didn't have a large impact on today's game.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

No Man the knee came down right in his back. It must hurt him bad. That maybe it for the tournament but I hope not.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Broken vertebrae. He is done

Comment

He'll be fine.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

On the way home, as I was listening to satellite radio, I heard how Barca is upset about two big things.

First they believe the Brazillian medics did not handle Neymar properly when he was being taken from the field. The commentators, however, said that because Neymar over-dramatized many fouls during the tournament, people didn't realize he was seriously injured and not acting.

Second, they believe the ref let the game get away from him to the point where the players set out to get their own justice. For example, they talk about how Hulk should have been carded early for some of his fouls on Rodriguez. When Rodriguez tripped Hulk late in the game, the ref carded Rodriguez. This, they say, drew cynicism and was a reason why revenge was taken on Neymar.

Commentators say they have yet to see a player carded in this world cup for faking or over-dramatizing. They said the most entertaining thing about today was when a Brazilian player fell after receiving a shoulder bounce. They said the player grabbed his ankle and rolled. They further stated that after a card is issued for such you wont see anything that dramatic for the rest of the world cup.
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

The officiating was poor. The man actually gave Brazil an advantage play from a foul on Rodriguez at one point... couldn't figure that one out. He should have stopped play dead and let Colombia take their free kick, but he allowed the players to swarm he ball... also on a Colombia free kick near the 18, two Brazilians were well inside the line he drew..i.e. less than ten yards away, and they began running at the ball before the ball was played and the free kick rebounded off one of them... should have been retaken.... him let play run. He blew the whistle seven seconds before the stoppage time was up, after Brazil had wasted at least a minute of it with slow throw-ins etc...

Just a few examples of a poor job.
            Peter R

Comment

If the ref wasn't paid by Brazil, it certainly looked that way!

The ref should take responsibility for Neymar's injury.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Weak refereeing or card flashing refereeing has been the order. There is no consistency on how cards are meted out, sm refs start slowly and then try to play catch up towards the end of the game, most-times unnecessarily.
                Until FIFA starts to use technology to verify penalties, crude fouls and faking, these inconsistencies will continue. FIFA claims all countries can't afford it. It begs the question - why not use it in the World Cup, major tournaments and leagues that can? Simple answer is that Referees are easy to control, paid-off or influenced. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Why do we expect fair-play from one of the most corrupt institutions?

Neymar's injury has robbed the tournament and Brasil of one of the most exciting and possible game-changing players all because of lousy refereeing and misplaced exuberance if not maliciousness of Zunega who's lame excuse that he was 'playing for his shirt' belongs with FIFA's charade of 'fairplay' and 'no to racism' in the cesspit of football history.

The manufactured setup of games is being observed worldwide...soon it will have to stop...best we watch wrestling

Peter-R...was good to see you.

Comment

Why would Brazil pay a Ref to allow Neymar to get mash up with no punishment to the perpetrator?I am lost here?

Comment

Well said; more technology is needed in the game.This way the most important controls are taken from the ref's hands. The game is old with few modifications;hence the refs. can still influence the game in a huge way. This way the players can be protected. It's just sad to see what happened to Neymar.

Comment

Huh? That...can't bother.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X