Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luiz Felipe Scolari: Brazil coach 'resigns' after World Cup

Luiz Felipe Scolari: Brazil coach 'resigns' after World Cup 2014

Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has resigned following his country's failure to win the 2014 World Cup, reports Brazilian broadcaster Globo TV.
    Scolari, 65, won the tournament in 2002 but the hosts could only finish fourth at this year's event

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28289452
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Took him long enough!

I would suggest he relocate to Portugal.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just curious winning the confederations cup last year on short notice and the 2002 World cup doesnt count for anything,not saying he should not go,but scolari isnt the problem,in my opinion he could be part of the solution,interestingly i hear brazil calling for a meeting of all stakeholders to move forward or bring back samba ball,what the europeans spin as tika taka.

Someone made that call here after , jamaica failed again in another campaign.Commonsense.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

He doesn't have to be discarded, but I'm not sure how you could retain someone who presided over Brazil's most humiliating time in its history. Not football history!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I understand that but , Brazil needs to 1st admit the coach isnt the problem,sack or resignation,it mirrors our own ,i.e getting priorities right,the difference is it wont take much for them to fix it,we on the other hand....ahhh sah...a meeting of stakeholders anyone.

Comment

Scolari is not blameless. First thing to acknowledge!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Scolari is not blameless. First thing to acknowledge!
              Thank you! X forget is who selected the 23 man squad? I fail to believe Brazil don't have 2 forwards better than Fred and Jo.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Brazil had two WORLD cup winners on that coaching staff, Scolari and Parriera.Its amazing to me that both got it tactically wrong, how in the world a defender is designated as the creative force in a team.

Its too simplistic to blame the players, the tactical nuance was left wanting.I agree the coaches screwed up, but that is part of the bigger story,why were they allowed to screw up ?

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Brazil had two WORLD cup winners on that coaching staff, Scolari and Parriera.Its amazing to me that both got it tactically wrong, how in the world a defender is designated as the creative force in a team.

Its too simplistic to blame the players, the tactical nuance was left wanting.I agree the coaches screwed up, but that is part of the bigger story,why were they allowed to screw up ?
                  Allowed to screw up? When the media questioned Scolari he told them to go to hell. I guess blowing away Spain in the Confed cup caused them to think it would be a cake walk. The fact is neither Jo nor Fred should have been in that team and winning the Confed Cup with those 2 no one questioned their selection.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You do realise , where other coaches had the full 4 years to get their selection right, Scolari took over Brazil in 20 13 , won a confed cup and then had to deal with a WC.

Too simplistic without looking at mitigating facts.

Comment

You do realise , where other coaches had the full 4 years to get their selection right, Scolari took over Brazil in 20 13 , won a confed cup and then had to deal with a WC.

Too simplistic without looking at mitigating facts.
                      You can make all the Xcuses you want. The Mexican coach had hoe much time with the Mexican squad?

Comment

OK and Mex finished where , did they win the confed cup ? Its obvious its not a factor to you, so lets end this debate we agree to disagree.

Again I am not saying they dont bear some responsibility but looking at the bigger picture, bigger heads need to man-up and take responsibility.

We have yet to hear the full story, maybe never will.Those are the facts.

Comment

OK and Mex finished where , did they win the confed cup ? Its obvious its not a factor to you, so lets end this debate we agree to disagree.

Again I am not saying they dont bear some responsibility but looking at the bigger picture, bigger heads needs to man-up and take responsibility.

We have yet to hear the full story, maybe never will.Those are the facts.
                          We can end it ... the reality is he was the one that picked a 23 man squad with about 12 mediocre players that couldn't even mek Honduras team.

Comment

Those same players killed Ticka - Tacka last year in a confed final.

Comment

Those same players killed Ticka - Tacka last year in a confed final.
                              ... and seeing what the Dutch and Chile did with it .... big deal! How many trophies did Barca win last season using Ticki Tacka?

Comment

Working...
                              X