US national training center to be built in Kansac City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US national training center to be built in Kansac City

Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman, Kansas Gov., Sam Brownback, Unified Government mayor Mark Holland, EPR Properties CEO David Brain and Schlitterbahn Water Park CEO Gary Henry posed for pictures with an artist’s rendition of the proposed U.S. Soccer National Training Center complex during Wednesday’s news conference on the National Training & Coaching Development Center on July 23, 2014, at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan.JOHN SLEEZER/THE KANSAS CITY STAR

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls...#storylink=cpy
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Toronto too has a state of the art complex.

USA set on being in the top 5 football countries.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

This WC has caused the powers that be to decide and make space for soccer in American sports. Well the billionaires were buying up already. The USA will make a statement 2018. This time around, not even semis will please them.The US has been infected by the soccer bug.

Comment

...re-infected.... IMO
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

People like Lalas cure dem firs' time? LOL
          Peter R

Comment

mmm? Am I seeing a partial view showing 3 secondary fields &

a stadium (main arena)?

Wonder what is included in the entire complex?
            Last edited by Karl; July 26, 2014, 02:01 PM. Reason: correction
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Haven't seen any renderings of the interior, but here's what they say the complex will have - "The $75 million-plus soccer village will provide a world-class environment to develop players, coaches and referees of all ages. The state-of-the-art facility will include approximately 100,000 square feet for an indoor facility with a practice field, 8 lighted professional smart fields and 8 youth fields.

Additional amenities will include a climate-controlled indoor pavilion and specialized facilities tailored toward strength and nutrition, hydration, sports science, health and wellness, video and analytics. The complex will also feature a 125-room full-service hotel."

Comment

I can see why it's being built in Kansas. They had some serious fans this WC;true die hards. There is no doubt that pretty soon the US will hoist the WC.The US is very tough mentally; just need some more talent in the squad.

Comment

LOL he had help from his Robin (Twellman)

Comment

I don't think Kansas has serious fans as much as Kansas City does, which you would have seen on TV during the World Cup. Matter of fact, the mass gathering of fans who watched the matches which were shown on TV was in the Power & Light District in Kansas City, Missouri, not Kansas.

The sport is well supported in the metropolitian Kansas City area however. Overland Park, Kansas (a Kansas City suburb on the Kansas side) built a complex a few years ago with multiple fields which they use to host many youth competitions from time to time. I have heard it said that the area has one of the highest concentration of youth players in the sport in the US. The addition of the national training complex will further strengthen the Kansas City area as leader in the developement of the sport nationally.

Check out Overland Park Soccer Complex Video
                    &
                    Swope Soccer Village, Kansas City
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That is coming along nicely......Now have a large group of young footballers bypassing college and signing pro contracts to play in Brazil (you'll like that), Argentina, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, England, Mexico, Holland & of course MLS (2 more teenagers just signed this week), PLUS some "foreign born" youngsters choosing to represent the U.S......Should see some new faces soon, as Klinsmann recently said that he would be using mostly new & young footballers in the next year, and allowing the older (veteran) players to concentrate on club football.
                      This is a kid in the USSF's sights - http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/...ego-fagundez-0
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGxGGGkjUNc

Comment

Kids have always been bypassing college, but how many can do that. Most who go to Europe have European connection(parentage or grand parents).

How else can a under 18 year old get in? Unless you believe the Craig Bulter's story.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL!!! Ok Mr. COLLEGE SOCCER!!!
                          What's the standard age that American kids enter college???

Comment

But remember if they are not internationals then it is not easy.

There is always some that can go overses with family ties, like Jonathon Spector, Bill sons etc. If you notice there is a feature of "yanks abroad" but that number is limited by FIFA rules. Still I have no problem with some going pro but the fact is the MLS clubs can't pay them, a college scholarship is more valuable.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass? Give it up nuh man? This proves the point that college cannot be relied on as the means of developing young players for the professional game. At 18, players are well behind the 8 ball in terms of readiness for the professional game. Moreover, college competitions are recreational at best.

I have seen you talking horse dead and cow fat in defense of your position, but it makes no sense! That is all I have to say on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X