Have not seen even one good match between

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not seen even one good match between

any two teams visiting the USA...or between a visiting team and an MLS team. What the hell is going on?

The truth on MLS!
    All the teams are awful!
    The football played is unadulterated crap. ...but the good thing is far less of stinko than at the leagues inception.

...that leads we to wonder on why the coaches are not insisting on even a semblance of TEAMplay?

This casual approach to TEAM football, like in my Jamaica - In JA it is dregs football - is not good for the game from both viable business and rapid increase of quality players and teams.

You have to wonder on the aims of the foreign coaches - both in the USA & JA - is it a deliberate attempt to reign in the pace of improvement at playing the game in each country?

Why would Simoes or previous JA coaches...and the current MLS coaches...not insist on 'proper TEAM-play'? ...the collection of players 'doing things right'? ...why the perpetuation of 'silly play'?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    any two teams visiting the USA...or between a visiting team and an MLS team. What the hell is going on?

The truth on MLS!
    All the teams are awful!
    The football played is unadulterated crap. ...but the good thing is far less of stinko than at the leagues inception.

...that leads we to wonder on why the coaches are not insisting on even a semblance of TEAMplay?
    mi belly!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

How many games you watch?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

not how many, which one(s)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Man City beat an entity 5 - 1...God bless them?

Liverpool beat someone on a Raheem Sterling - prod home. - God bless them?

BoyU outplayed but scored 2 excellent goals - 1st Rooney & then Mata's. Rooney also scored a penalty - God bless them?

Red Bulls - beat someone 1 - 0 - God bless them?

...with no brains and hands for feet! They were all so poor at playing.

AC Milan? ...the link play absent...the misses impossible to repeat...and on and on!

...the MLS teams cannot put 2 passes together...OK? ...but one must be forgiven for leaving with that impression. ...as to the senseless chicken with a head running around???? ...and not only by the MLS teams but the visitors???? ...God bless them?

...just complete lessons on how not to play football!!!???? What is this all about????

Have to admit that besides the 3 - 2 game...I could not force myself to watch any of the others completely through and had to delete each immediately on first occasion I found the time so to do. ...Damn disgraceful displays...want to puke
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Did you see Spurs 3-3 draw?
            Spurs win 3-2?

Did you Crystal Palace Philly 1-0 with Blake MOM?

Did you Astonvilla win 1-0?

Karl you watch 2 or maybe 3 games. LOL
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Can you remember seeing an MLS team play a good game period? (Sure play in the league is improving...but?)
              ...or any of these visiting teams play a good game during this set of visits?

The scoring of 3 or 4 goals do not of and in of itself mean good football was played!

Comment

Someone? I thought it was Arsenal.

as to the senseless chicken with a head running around????
                Never heard that one before. I thought it was headless chicken.

.I could not force myself to watch any of the others completely through and had to delete each immediately on first occasion I found the time so to do.
                I watched a few as well, but didn't seriously watch as if the games meant something.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Did these MLS teams use their strongest teams? The MLS is in the middle of their season and I would think that the coaches wouldn't want to risk injuries to their top players to play these money-making matches. The fans that turns up are not particularly interested in seeing these MLS teams win a match but more importantly to see the EPL teams and their stars.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The Red Bulls never played well??? I thought they did well with a few good build up. They could have scored more.

Spurs game vs Seattle was a good one with a very good goal from Seattle.

I think the Sporting Kansas played Man City better than Inter did.

You have to understand some of the MLS teams also didn't field their strongest teams as well

Comment

Someone? I thought it was Arsenal.
                      You did not have to remind me it was my GUNNERS?

...and you thought each aggregation played good football?

as to the senseless chicken with a head running around????

Never heard that one before. I thought it was headless chicken.

You are correct! - Headless chicken running around...

.I could not force myself to watch any of the others completely through and had to delete each immediately on first occasion I found the time so to do.

I watched a few as well, but didn't seriously watch as if the games meant something.
                      ...perhaps you are correct I should have treated them as 'guys just fooling around' ...but somehow I thought they would have at least tried to play football!

---------

NB: I can expect the EPL teams and others out of Europe to play good football once those leagues really get going...but on the MLS I have been watching with great interest and anticipation for top quality TEAM play...even by 1 or 2 aggregations...but that day has not yet arisen. ...btw - That viewing of the MLS gives hope that JA can catch up and maybe even surpass the USA national teams...as on quality of players and TEAM they are not that far ahead such that a sensible development program and a collections of smart players cannot overhaul.

Comment

You did not have to remind me it was my GUNNERS?
                        I just found it surprising that you mentioned your team as "Someone else". I am saying, what the flock? Karl losing it now?

The games were not really good I must admit. They need a lot of cooperation to see one through to the end.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You know, Sass...Years ago on this site I said after a comment on John Barnes, Luther Blisset and a few other long retired players blew away a local team - made the local team look like a 'bunch of asses' - that you know footballers by the sensible manner of their play?

You tell me why the 2nd string of an MLS team (forget about the full team doing just a tad better) does not perform in a sensible manner/manner that appears to an onlooker to be sensible?

Comment

Working...
                          X