Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super skill with good speed - Messi!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOWrtCOMxto

Space is created on the skill piece but the speed really widens the gulf between attacker and defender, he literally runs away from the defenders after beating them with skill. Speed is a multiplier for skill, and makes players much more effective in combination.

Speed without skill is almost a total waste of time.
    Last edited by Stonigut; August 29, 2014, 11:58 PM.

Reminds me of Maestro in his prime.

Sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

kiss teet...eediat...

Comment

How fast you think Messi is in a hundred metre???? You think he is world class?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Aaah, yuh see mi point! Maestro can't run lef nuhbody eedah, but when dem dribble past yuh and switch on the after-burners - people dead.

Yet Stoni has dropped his snow balla campaign and gone on a "Steal from T&F" campaign to find our next big balla.

Sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

top players are able to accelerate quickly over very small distances and change direction rapidly......speed means nothing...

Comment

No he is not world class but you don't have to be world class to be fast playing ball and there is also a role of brain to body response as well as discipline and commitment as well so if I am pretty fast, have excellent reaction time, if I am disciplined and committed then even if you are faster than me in a flat 100 but you have average response time, average discipline, average commitment, I will beat you to the loose ball, I will dribble around you, I will out respond you in virtually every scenario.

That run by Messi is not just superior skill with good speed it is also ridiculous discipline and commitment and vision to do just that, it takes a phenomenally disciplined super athlete to even try and make that run with that level of superior performance at every stage of the run, I saw no dipping or out of control moment at any point, every Jamaican footballer I know of or have ever known would have fluffed that shot badly if they were even able to get to that point and that in my mind speaks to the discipline, commitment and training weakness throughout the early stages of development all the way through the program.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stew...-world-2013-14

Rooney is on this list so it's probably a bit suspect.
              Last edited by Stonigut; August 30, 2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Luton is faster than Valencia, so the list is strange. Have they ever measured the speed of lesser ballers? Better dem say these are the fastest in the EPL, in La Liga, etc.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Come on mo you know the game by now, if the general public don't know the player he does not exist for an article like this, those players on the list are all big name players in big name leagues.

Comment

Yeah, but what would it take from the article if they said "fastest in La Liga"? They title it, "The Top 10 Fastest Footballers in the World 2013/14"?!?!

So, when I am talking to a club about one of my players, and I tell them that he is faster than Valencia, do you think they will listen to anything else I have to say?!?

At what level do you stop measuring?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah foolishness article really, I shouldn't have posted it, when I saw Rooney in there I thought it suspect, but the kph numbers seem to be real, just a mark on the ground in this discussion on speed.

Comment

Is that speed with or without a ball at their feet?....
                        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          top players are able to accelerate quickly over very small distances and change direction rapidly......speed means nothing...
                          Speed means nothing!
                          top players are able to accelerate quickly over very small distances - Bricktop
                          Massive as Bricktop tells it that does not equate to having good speed across ground. ...that rapid acceleration allows for the player to remain stationary
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, "speed" and "acceleration" are two different things. In first form I learned that acceleration is "the rate of change of speed".
                            Therefore, I am agreeing with BT on this.
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                              http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOWrtCOMxto

Space is created on the skill piece but the speed really widens the gulf between attacker and defender, he literally runs away from the defenders after beating them with skill. Speed is a multiplier for skill, and makes players much more effective in combination.

Speed without skill is almost a total waste of time.
                              When you speak of speed across ground use...practical use on the football field...most often the sprints are 5 - 10 meters. Above 10 meters is rare. ...and as the distance increases running at 'full tilt' for the entire distance becomes rarer.

Covering 10 meters for footballers with top pace should take on or about 1 second. The very top 'speeders' would cover 10 meters in less than a second as often it is from a running start. 20 meters with that running start would also be covered by these very top 'speedsters' in on or about 2 seconds.

While it is interesting to think on a footballers 50 meters or 100M speed...not really more than that...interesting! It is reaction time and those early steps...that 5 - 10 meter sprint that is most important. Once the footballer gets a step on the opponent most often more than enough time to do 'serious damage' as the opponent would then be 'playing catch up'. The pass could be made - to TEAMmate or into goal or to avert danger!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X