Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool?

If this game is anything to go by:
    - Henderson is like a new addition. His touch and passing is like top, top player.

- Joe Allen has also improved.

- Sturridge is not yet fully fit (or lazy or worse prima donna?). Gave away the ball three times when his TEAM was in tremendous attacking position by failing to even jog back from an off-side position.

- Super Mario is unfit. ...but has shown enough to have me crying all over again that he is not at my GUNNERS although I can understand that the total amount that would have to paid is not palatable to Mr. Wenger. Commentators in this match claimed it was pretty close to U$100,000,000.00.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

- Sterling also unfit!!!
    Great quick feet and 'bruk-in' moves. If not tired could have scored at least 3...all from within 7 yards of goal.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yeah that was tough to watch, that us one of the things I was just talking about with Messi, if you break down some of his great dribbles into steps, each steps quality is consistent, so even if he doesn't score the shot he gets off is a consistently good shot, I think this has more to do with superior fitness, superior techniques and practice which all have to come from within the player, no coach can take you to that height. Sterling had two great runs and two horrible non shots, very weak display at that level.

Comment

And there were other occasions when Sterling just decided to showboat. I don't think the coach was happy with that even while 3 goals up. I sensed that Sturridge was getting frustrated with his nonsense and it started to mess up his game as well.

Having said all that, Liverpool showed flashes of its wonderful attacking flair that lit up the football world last season. Of concern is the backline, still, that allowed Tottenham a couple one-on-ones with Mignolet. And Mantequilla or whatever his name is has some work to do.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LIVERPOOL: OPTIONS AT LAST
          by Ian Salmon // 1 September 2014 // 3 Comments
          Download the latest TAW digital magazine FREE iOS app for iPad, iPhone, iPod TouchDownload the latest TAW digital magazine FREE web app for PC, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile
          Football - FA Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur FC v Liverpool FC
          OPTIONS. Let’s talk options. Options and tactics. Options all over the place, tactics like you wouldn’t believe. Let’s talk about the fact that Liverpool can make three substitutions against a team who are supposedly, according to Brad Friedel on MOTD2, rivals for the top six. Brad, mate, we’re not talking top sixes and top fours and Champions League play-off positions, we’re talking winning titles, that’s all we’re concerned about nowadays. Well, that and maybe sticking number six on the Anfield shelf next to the number five that we got in Istanbul. And still leave Coutinho and Lambert on the bench.
          We can still leave Coutinho and Lambert on a bench that Lallana wasn’t even on yet. Look at our first 18. It’s stupid, almost unreal – we have battles to get in the Liverpool squad now. Last season we couldn’t even make decent substitutions, now we can decide exactly HOW we want to change the game. Now Liverpool can plan long term

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/0...tions-at-last/
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yeah btw, didn't miss Coutin-who, I just haven't seen the value add this youth brings to the side, good dribbler but no punch!

Comment

When the coach slaps him up before a match, Coutinho brings the sort of flair to break down defences and make killer assists, but him head tough bad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This writer is a serious Liverpool fan! He even likes Manquillo!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lit up the football world? you didn't even light up europe :snicker:

Comment

Yuh sound nervous.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                    X