No announcement yet.

PLCA Chief tells the JFF.......ONE DON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLCA Chief tells the JFF.......ONE DON!

Seaga Slams PLCA Detractors … Points To JFF Interference
    Published: Sunday | September 7, 2014 0 Comments
    PLCA Chairman Edward Seaga.
    PLCA Chairman Edward Seaga.
    Andre Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

Chairman of the Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA), Edward Seaga, is defending the work carried out by the organisation since its inception in 2007 and believes there is an agenda afoot to undermine the league administrators and return top-flight football into the hands of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

It's been a few nervous days for the PLCA, with today's start of the 2014/2015 Red Stripe Premier League season at one point under threat with at least three clubs writing to the JFF indicating that they were prepared to sit out the season unless their concerns of perceived poor governance, lack of transparency, and constitutional breaches within the PLCA are addressed.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports1.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

This is a battle the JFF cant win, even if they took over the PLCA , they would loose.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

They don't have to fight with the PLCA. they just have to set up the franchise system and set up a commissioner. This is a fight worth having to define our football but needs to be done in a decent manner. Our football can't stay as it is currently.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Franchise,would mean loss of funding to PLCA and vice versa,if that isn't a fight then I don't know what is,resources are scarce and given the the Don just raked in 800 million in funding,this franchise thing look like a joke,who does Burrel know in terms of sourcing that Seaga PLCA can't source.Franchise can't happen without PLCA backing.

Comment

He basically used the same template for Tivoli

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The difference is the fund from Franchise comes from ownership, not from politicians and dons. With a good business plan for each team it more likely that that more people will come on board.

PLCA is better than what we had but we can't go forward with community and garrison team format.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ownership still need sponsors.Does Jamaica have sponsorship sources to fund the ownership of these franchises nubady naah come outta dem pocket fi charity nuh lpremier league.

Think sponsorship sources 1st,if you believe we do ,franchising would have been talked about along time ago,remember why the carribbean league flopped.

Comment

Sponsorship comes when you are better organized. Right now NPL have no market, no product, so why should any sponsors come in?

You want owners who know how to build a brand and sell a package. Sponsorship doesn't necessarily have to come from within, don't you think if you can get Digicel, Red Stripe, Butch, ISSA, Lee Chin, etc to have ownership then we could get a better chance of sponsorship? The only reason people sponsor NPL teams currently is out of "give back", that is what we want to change.

Let me go dig up my post on the subject again.

Comment

Organization is part of sponsorships,sourcing profits are number 1 in starting a franchise,if thats not feasible all the organization in the world,would mean squat.

If its feasible from that stand point then it would have taken off awhile ago.

Comment

You have to be organize to stand even a chance of getting sponsorship. It has proven over and over. Take the MLS, Japan and Australia as example.

The US had leagues before but not until the MLS structure came in place was there any sponsorship. Who can you sell NPL to currently as it is structured?

Comment

Who can we sell a Jamaican Franchise to ,is it feasible , how many teams locations, sponsors etc.

Hot air, Kingston alone with HVFC,TIVOLI,WATERHOUSE ,ARNETT ,what about other parishes .

Just musing diss franchise ting ,nuh look like it feasible.In so many ways,it would be good if BUrrell gave us what you said a structure........pipe dream.

Comment

Every parish is not going to have team. There are rules for ownership, such as capital and how you fund a team. HV and Waterhouse maybe the only 2 that you mention may meet certain standards.

Comment

One DON !......

Comment

Working...
                          X