RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I must have missed the post? - Blatter for 6!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must have missed the post? - Blatter for 6!

Blatter to run for 5th term as FIFA president
    Monday, September 08, 2014 | 7:41 AM

FIFA president Sepp Blatter

MANCHESTER, (AFP) -- FIFA president Sepp Blatter said Monday that he will be a candidate for a fifth term in charge of world football in an election next year.

"Yes I will be ready. I will be a candidate," Blatter said in a video speech to a football conference in Manchester.

Blatter has been FIFA's leader since 1998, but has faced growing criticism from European football chiefs in recent months.

The World Cup, a multi-billion dollar earner for FIFA, is also embroiled in controversy over the way the 2018 and 2022 tournaments were decided.

His path to a virtually automatic re-election was opened up after UEFA leader Michel Platini announced in August that he would not challenge Blatter.

The 78-year-old Swiss official said he would officially tell FIFA's executive committee at a meeting on September 23-24.

"I will inform the executive committee. It's a question of respect also to say then to the football family: 'Yes I will be ready. I will be a candidate," Blatter told the Soccerex conference by video from Zurich.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...FIFA-president
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Term limits! Except they're replaced with clones (clowns ) what difference would it make?
    Peter R

Comment

Working...
    X