• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF just as culpable as PLCA

JFF just as culpable as PLCA

Adrian Frater, News Editor
    Western Bureau:

When I first heard the news late Monday afternoon that Montego Bay United Football Club (MBUFC) had backtracked on an earlier position to not start their 2014 Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) campaign unless irregularities within the Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) were sorted out, I was both angry and disappointed.

My feelings were based on the fact that I felt MBUFC had a genuine grouse, which they should not have relented to, on a matter of principle. In fact, being willing to step back could be tantamount to opening the door to future abuses of power by a PLCA, which is clearly lacking in principles and probity.

However, based on subsequent investigations, it would appear that MBUFC did not capitulate because they lack the gumption to fight on, but faced with a lack of support from the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), which is seemingly too timid to stand up in their defence, had no choice but to make the tactical retreat, which they did.

I cannot blame the PLCA for having a strong and decisive leader in former Prime Minister Edward Seaga, but I can't say the same for the JFF, which has been flimsy in the defence of an affiliate, who has decided to take a principled stance in regard to protecting an abuse of its rights by the PLCA.

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2014...ydRtI.facebook
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

What are the issues/points that make the statement
    ...a PLCA, which is clearly lacking in principles and probity.
    true?

The PLCA has done "this", "this" and "this"?
    btw - What the hell is the PLCA? ...Not an entity managed by Director-NPL clubs...right? ...because if the answer is "the clubs are their own bosses" then all blame reside with them!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"post seaga" ... is that what is not being said?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Interesting to see how this turns out
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
        X