Waterhouse vs DC United tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Fiyahouse was able to string together several passes, played aggessively and positively and did themselves proud.

They did not do themselves proud...unless you call one man destroying 3 defenders something to be proud of

Comment

Please forgive the sarcastic non-answer. I know yuh not in di passa passa like some tuff head bwoy round 'ere.

Check this out:

http://www.jfdb.info/main/player.asp?id=10671

I hear he is around 5'-7". Looked kinda tall the other day. Maybe he was just playing tall!

Don't know if there are any highlights, and I can't confirm any of his relations, though I seem to remember he did have some footballer relatives of years ago.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
        Mi bredrin Mo! A lot of people here declare open season on criticizing Jamaican football and never ever even give it a thought how they could make a difference in helping! Instead they sit from afar and criticize! They even think it's a joke when it is said that talent abounds there, that there are thousands of Raheem Sterling there waiting fi buss but may never get the chance! Just recently my son and I had a football discussion and of course he too found it hard to believe theses stories I told him of players in Jamaica that could have been World famous given the chance. He disputed that until I took him there on vacation over the summer. After seeing some kids in action, he was in disbelief...and this was just in one community where I stayed! He said OMG Dad, we should start the academy! My youngest brother has an annual back to school give back which I helped with while on vacation so I was adamant that the six a side competition should include kids this time around. We got some kids together and played a game mixed with kids ages 9 to 13...I too was in disbelief even though I knew of the talent! There was a 9yo forward and a 12yo defender who shone as bright as the sun, and they seem to already know what position they wanted to play! Trust me, I'm confident they would absolutely shine in any academy anywhere in the world. The 9yo kid was a sight to behold, his off the ball movement, skill to take on and beat players, scoring goals and the passion...all while playing barefoot! Simply amazing! So all the doubters keep talking!
        And the converse is true.

Go to any youth football competition, tournament or whatever in the USA and you will be stunned by how ordinary, robotic and dull the players all are. If there is a standout, it is some kid who just took up residence in the USA, or whose family maintains very strong ties to their former countries.

Any pick-up U12 team from Jamaica would whip a "well-coached" U14 team from the USA. But we've had these discussions in the past.

It's when they get past 16, that's when the results start to reverse. And that is what we have to do something about.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No it's not that talent abounds, we know that without question, the question is are we really going to support another who fail the youths campaign for the next 8 years?...let's take a page from the Ub40/snow balla advocates and do this the full hundred, we not only want a full starting 11 UB40 ,we want a JFF ub40 president, this affi bottom out,let's take this madness to the hilt.

Let the Benbows,Hues,KK and Onandis migrate to Wallmarts.

I would expect nothing less than the usual failure.

Yuh see dis affi bottom out.Clubs affi lead di way
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

i saw Balotelli try that garbage in a preseason game for City on the N American tour...the manger pulled him from the game...gave him the hairdryer treatment...and axed him from the club...gwaan promote f@ckery...yuh sound like the people in the grandastnd after Benbow pose like a gay...that's why Jamaican football is in the sh!thouse...you should be ashamed of yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Benbow is tops on technical skills. ...needs to be smarter. Currently he performs as **** poor on knowledge of the game/tactical skills. Jancro seh di worl nuh lebel... or as Don1 seh, a suh di ting set! A good teacher=coach or a remake of self on 'self-taught' is his only hope...baring some how being extricated from 'the local nonsense football' to 'good school'=good teaching at a professional club. For him the time is, NOW!
              He is as **** poor on knowledge of the game/tactical skills as many of those clowns on Arsenal's football team. He grew up in Jamaica with horrible coaches. What's Jack Wilshere's excuse?

Do we question Suarez' knowledge of the game when he cuts defender 3 times on the goal line and then loses the ball because he attempted a 4th cut?

Benbow was completing many of his passes after his seal tricks, and they weren't just ordinary passes. Some were actually assists that his teammates flubbed.

Try ease up offa him case.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Any pick-up U12 team from Jamaica would whip a "well-coached" U14 team from the USA.
                So why do the USA youth teams always beat the Jamaican ones?
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Yeah? Which ones?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah? Which ones?!
                    Any time they play. U-17 qualification, U-20 qualification, etc.

In fact, the only time I know of a Jamaican youth team beating their U.S. counterpart was in qualification for the 2007 U-17 World Cup -- and that was after the U.S. had learned they were already qualified due to the result from another game.
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

Maybe you need to read what I wrote again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X