RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican clubs forming affiliations........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican clubs forming affiliations........

The JFF has done nothing to develop Jamaica’s youth footballers and there’s no indication that they’ll start anytime soon. As a result, I think the clubs should seek professional affiliations with MLS clubs, aimed at youth and coaching development. I asked if Portmore United and Portland Timbers had a professional partnership, because Portland invited them to play in their pre-season tournament, and Mosiah said he understands that they have a long term professional partnership……The other clubs should follow.
    The youth players will not only attract attention from MLS clubs, but also some top European and Mexican clubs that follow the U.S. youth program and club tournaments very closely. There’s also the affiliations that exist between MLS clubs and top European clubs……Yesterday it was reported that Juventus contacted Sporting Kansas City about a 17 year old defender, they’ve been following for about 2 years.
    Last edited by USAF; October 17, 2014, 03:38 AM.

Originally posted by USAF View Post
    The JFF has done nothing to develop Jamaica’s youth footballers and there’s no indication that they’ll start anytime soon. As a result, I think the clubs should seek professional affiliations with MLS clubs, aimed at youth and coaching development. I asked if Portmore United and Portland Timbers had a professional partnership, because Portland invited them to play in their pre-season tournament, and Mosiah said he understands that they have a long term professional partnership……The other clubs should follow.
    The youth players will not only attract attention from MLS clubs, but also some top European and Mexican clubs that follow the U.S. youth program and club tournaments very closely. There’s also the affiliations that exist between MLS clubs and top European clubs……Yesterday it was reported that Juventus contacted Sporting Kansas City about a 17 year old defender, they’ve been following for about 2 years.
    Yes...plus there should be no limiting of selves to other searches for associations and affiliations elsewhere in the world that would provide benefit!!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you sound more like me everyday. LOL!!!!
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        you sound more like me everyday. LOL!!!!
        Yes... nex ting im agguh start insist dat US college ball ah one wikid ting fi develop footballa!!

Come dung King Karl!!!!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

No just send them go a JC even if them register a TT. Them nuh need no more college.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            No just send them go a JC even if them register a TT. Them nuh need no more college.
            yuhseeiTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

YES!!! We both want school soccer to be removed from the development program/system for the top youth talent......Leave soccer development to the federations and clubs/academies and let schools focus on what they were built for - providing quality education.

Comment

Can't take education totally out of it but no need for a very good 17 year old to be playing in high school competition. I expect the very best to bypass college, but I also look for college to move some from second tier to good baller as it has done for so long. It will be more like the old basketball draft where players Like James and Shawn Kemp, Kobe etc. went straight to the NBA while others need a little more time and rounded development. The big difference with England is that most kids graduate high school by 17.

Comment

First part of USFA's comments -
                  Originally posted by USAF View Post
                  YES!!! We both want school soccer to be removed from the development program/system for the top youth talent....
                  Second part of his comments -
                  ..Leave soccer development to the federations and clubs/academies and let schools focus on what they were built for - providing quality education.
                  What is it that makes them incongruous?
                  ...and it is that confusion in the mind that leads to statements, positions and policy decisions that promotes the ignoring of a role for schools in the development process for, at the very least, some our footballers.

The schools cannot be the alpha and omega of the development process for any discipline...but it always has been and shall always be a part of any development process of the young. How good a job is done in the schools as it pertains to any discipline is directly impacted by the thinking of those who guide education policy.

Aside: Specific to Jamaica - My position is: Nonsense policy to not take advantage of what our schools have to offer. Frankly, I think, it is horse-**** filled mush in brains that wish to 'throw the investment in our schools' into the 'trash basket'. It is that 'mush' that has the sub-par academic results and that has as percentage of the very talented athletic student population underachieving.

---------------

The question that befuddles: Why is there so many persons rooting for underachievement on performances - teachers, administrators and students - being instituted as a norm?

Surely it is the demanding of professional use of school resources that points the way to gateway to performance results that spell success? Is it not that same aim of inculcating professional teaching=coaching of the student population that shall have all results improved?

How can an educator not foresee the problems faced in the academic classrooms if demands are made on the students (...and indeed also on the teachers) to be astute in classrooms when the discipline is an academic subject but encourages the students (...and the teachers) to be cavalier in the classrooms when the subject is other than an academic subject? That teaching of picking and choosing when to be indiscipline must impact...must play important role in the education of, and subsequent behaviour of those so guided.

Again! - ...that guidance is supplied both in a formal setting and in an informal way by example??? ~ The appropriate JA response is: "kiss mi nek?"

Musing - Institutional lessons on 'goof-off' as way of life???
                  Last edited by Karl; October 18, 2014, 09:02 PM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

When Assasin & I have discussions about schools & soccer development, what are we talking about???

Comment

Working...
                    X