So LIME has pumped money into what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So LIME has pumped money into what

they call the Champions League of Schoolboy football? Oh boy!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Is this a schoolboy football post or...?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No Lemon post, file it under Business. LOL
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Is this a schoolboy football post or...?
        It is a football post, I don't get too excited about schoolboy football but you can classify it as such if you will. Why are we still throwing money at school boy football when those funds could have gone into youth development?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          It is a football post, I don't get too excited about schoolboy football but you can classify it as such if you will. Why are we still throwing money at school boy football when those funds could have gone into youth development?
          Maybe LIME considers high school football youth development. If not there, where would you put youth development money?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Maybe LIME considers high school football youth development. If not there, where would you put youth development money?

If not there? How have we benefited from S/Boy football throughout the years? I can name numerous school boy 'stars' who failed to flicker on the international stage. How does LIME throwing more money at s/b football solve our current predicament? I was in Jamaica last month and for the first time since 99 I attended a game at Drax Hall. As much as I am a football fanatic I had to leave at half time.

A few years ago there was some youth leagues U13 and U15 (forgive me if I got the ages wrong), what happened to those competition? Dem just fizz out like suh? I think the money could have gone to sponsor something like that or even smaller groups. Each parish could have their own team (or 2) and these youngster could get proper coaching and their development could be monitored. But I guess like KArtel man and man wanna wear dem school colors.

Comment

For Lime it is more about commercial gain. This is where the audience is, and this is the game that is currently supported in Ja.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If not there? How have we benefited from S/Boy football throughout the years? I can name numerous school boy 'stars' who failed to flicker on the international stage. How does LIME throwing more money at s/b football solve our current predicament? I was in Jamaica last month and for the first time since 99 I attended a game at Drax Hall. As much as I am a football fanatic I had to leave at half time.

A few years ago there was some youth leagues U13 and U15 (forgive me if I got the ages wrong), what happened to those competition? Dem just fizz out like suh? I think the money could have gone to sponsor something like that or even smaller groups. Each parish could have their own team (or 2) and these youngster could get proper coaching and their development could be monitored. But I guess like KArtel man and man wanna wear dem school colors.

How many people supported those two youth leagues?

Why did they die, too many spectators?
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Sorry to be beating this horse - Who were those teaching those U-13(?) & U-15(?) talented youngsters? ...and the results?

Aside: Need I point out for the millionth+ time that merely playing in competitions do not lead to 'development' ...and having an ignoramus or a set of ignoramuses impart incorrect facts to students hinder rather than advance development!!!! ...leads to terrible results!!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Sorry to be beating this horse - Who were those teaching those U-13(?) & U-15(?) talented youngsters? ...and the results?

Aside: Need I point out for the millionth+ time that merely playing in competitions do not lead to 'development' ...and having an ignoramus or a set of ignoramuses impart incorrect facts to students hinder rather than advance development!!!! ...leads to terrible results!!!!
                    "merely playing in competitions do not lead to 'development"

We agree Karl, so if that's the case what is to be achieved with this latest school boy competition?At least in a structured youth development program, the youngsters could get a better grasp of the basics as well as what to do when you have the ball. It appears s/b football is like a religion for many, but a decision needs to be made on what our objective is. Have multiple school boy leagues or to become a world force in international football?Watched 2 international games last week, Colombia v Canada and Japan v Brazil and Jamaica was mentioned a lot during these games .... mentioned that the last game Canada won was against JA and the last game Japan won was against JA. A dis we gone to? Wanna win a game, call Jamaica.

Comment

You're confused as usual

Lime has a brand that needs eyeballs on it. School competition provides eyeballs.

Youth development is a lonely business and a completely separate animal...that's the province of the JFF to build.. or foster private entities to build.
                      The fault in this developmentnot being done lies at the feet of the JFF

These concepts are so simple...yet escape so many
                      Last edited by Don1; October 20, 2014, 04:26 PM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        You're confused as usual

Lime has a brand that needs eyeballs on it. School competition provides eyeballs.

Youth development is a lonely business and a completely separate animal...that's the province of the JFF to build.. or foster private entities to build.
                        The fault in this developmentnot being done lies at the feet of the JFF

These concepts are so simple...yet escape so many
                        What you fail to understand is that funding is scarce. One company is already pumping money into d cup and manning cup ... What is there to gain for our national team with more money being dumped down a useless pipeline. All you people talk the talk about youth development but too timid to see serious changes.

Comment

Apparently you need instruction on what a telecom business is about

Yuteman Lime is not an entity whose mission it is to develop footballers for the national team... it is focused on developing SALES & PROFITS and satisfying SHAREHOLDERS

Now if you wish to make sense re lack of youth development, direct your criticism where it belongs... the JFF

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What you fail to understand is that funding is scarce. One company is already pumping money into d cup and manning cup ... What is there to gain for our national team with more money being dumped down a useless pipeline. All you people talk the talk about youth development but too timid to see serious changes.
                            Lazie, the problem is that the corporations have no way to see a return on their "investment" in development as there is no marketing exposure associated with that endeavor. I agree that I can't see how the national team benefits from this, but that's not Lime's business is it? The failure is on the part of JFF to create an attractive program to present to business. So me see it anyway.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              Lazie, the problem is that the corporations have no way to see a return on their "investment" in development as there is no marketing exposure associated with that endeavor. I agree that I can't see how the national team benefits from this, but that's not Lime's business is it? The failure is on the part of JFF to create an attractive program to present to business. So me see it anyway.
                              This seems to be a very difficult concept for some to grasp

Comment

Working...
                              X