RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deshorn Brown quick mls 2014 season review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshorn Brown quick mls 2014 season review!

Not sure about Brown he is either close to busting out to be the best thing since sliced bread or he has a wicked case of shooting everywhere but in the net. I was looking at his stats this season and he is an enigma for sure. He scored ten goals in thirty matches or a 33 percent strike rate, which by itself is not too bad and for a second year player is ok, he is number twenty six in terms of goals scored across all Mls scorers however he has not one assist and last year he had four assists and ten goals, so he fell off more than a little bit.

Then you look at how many shots he took, it is astronomical, 121 shots, he took more shots that Bradley wright Phillips with 109 shots and that guy scored 27 goals with two assists. Clearly he is getting into position but his conversion rate is poor. Only one other player in all of the Mls had more shots on goal, Robbie Keene with 122 shots and he scored 19 goals and had 14 assists.

Then you look at shots on goal and only four guys had more shots on goal than deshorn and if you look at shots on goal versus shots taken his percentage there is very good, he was on target with a shots on goal 47 times out of his 121 shots taken, so top five at 38 percent but somehow his goal conversion rate from shots on goal to an actual goal is poor which means he is either getting off some weak shots, poor target picking or a case of nerves in front of goal, or his shots are all being attracted directly to the goalie magnet, not sure what's happening there.

He is the real thing, talent, desire, but he is missing something to jump to that next level, may be maturity let's see what year three brings, his team clearly believes in him, as he got every chance to shine with 121 shots.
    Last edited by Stonigut; November 5, 2014, 01:02 AM.

Wonder why Schafer didn't use these 2 during the Summer, to see if they could be productive for the ReggaeBoyz???

Dane Kelly (striker) - played 19 games; took 53 shots (2.79 average); scored 10 goals (0.53 average)

Lance Laing (right sided midfielder) - player 27 games; scored 7 goals; has 6 assists (he was converted from his accustomed right back to midfielder this season)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Not sure about Brown he is either close to busting out to be the best thing since sliced bread or he has a wicked case of shooting everywhere but in the net. I was looking at his stats this season and he is an enigma for sure. He scored ten goals in thirty matches or a 33 percent strike rate, which by itself is not too bad and for a second year player is ok, he is number twenty six in terms of goals scored across all Mls scorers however he has not one assist and last year he had four assists and ten goals, so he fell off more than a little bit.

Then you look at how many shots he took, it is astronomical, 121 shots, he took more shots that Bradley wright Phillips with 109 shots and that guy scored 27 goals with two assists. Clearly he is getting into position but his conversion rate is poor. Only one other player in all of the Mls had more shots on goal, Robbie Keene with 122 shots and he scored 19 goals and had 14 assists.

Then you look at shots on goal and only four guys had more shots on goal than deshorn and if you look at shots on goal versus shots taken his percentage there is very good, he was on target with a shots on goal 47 times out of his 121 shots taken, so top five at 38 percent but somehow his goal conversion rate from shots on goal to an actual goal is poor which means he is either getting off some weak shots, poor target picking or a case of nerves in front of goal, or his shots are all being attracted directly to the goalie magnet, not sure what's happening there.

He is the real thing, talent, desire, but he is missing something to jump to that next level, may be maturity let's see what year three brings, his team clearly believes in him, as he got every chance to shine with 121 shots.
      Could be he is taking a lot of shots that he had no right taking?
      That could easily explain why his conversion rate is poor and also why he was not in a position to 'strike'=score more often!

My GUNNERS Sanchez has scored often...but I am thinking that he could have had 'lots' more assists and 'lots' more goals if he used his passing ability and movement a wee bit more sensibly...just a wee bit more...!
      Last edited by Karl; November 5, 2014, 01:46 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

who was the highest scorer for Arsenal and how many goals did they score.

Maybe they needed someone like Sanchez to "draw shots". I doubt anybody is complaining about his goal scoring. Again your concept of team is what killing you. Sometimes a one player draw shot and it open up for everybody else.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          who was the highest scorer for Arsenal and how many goals did they score.

Maybe they needed someone like Sanchez to "draw shots". I doubt anybody is complaining about his goal scoring. Again your concept of team is what killing you. Sometimes a one player draw shot and it open up for everybody else.
          Who are they?
          My GUNNERS?

Sure My GUNNERS need a pure striker on the field more often. ...but that striker needs 'service'.

btw - Sanchez passed on making the 'sensible pass' on 2 occasions whereon he would have set up Welbeck for 'tap-ins'...and Santi Cazorla did so once. In all cases instead of GUNNERS scoring the opportunites were lost!!! Lest you forget we did not win the game!!!

Further you should have also noticed that all the goals we scored were on!!!
          Penalty! Rebound to Sanchez! ...and The Ox being in 3 meters from the 'keeper! Those all made sense!

You may also have noticed that on one occasion Santi Cazorla drew the 'keeper to face up on him on My GUNNERS attacking left and had pulled all the opponent's defenders on or about their 6 yard line whereon he tried to beat to get himself a shot when rolling the ball to Podolski was all that was needed. When he finally rolled the ball to Podolski, Podolski was not prepared and it flew wide on the right! Another case of Santi Cazorla taking 'his extra touches' and throwing away My GUNNERS desperately needed goal!

Boss...you can continue to promote 'foolishness'...stupid play all you wish. If our Reggae Boyz or your teams practice what you preach our results shall continue to be of the 'bottom of the World" type!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Did you answer my question??? Who was the Gunner top scorer last year and how much they scored?

We can talk from there. We are not talking about the Reggae boys just yet.

answer me first.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sell him .... like we did to our leading scorer and assist man TH14! what the hell, he is being selfish if he is not making the right decision every time!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                sell him .... like we did to our leading scorer and assist man TH14! what the hell, he is being selfish if he is not making the right decision every time!!!
                ...if he is not making the right decision most times!!!

I have watched some of his matches he has nuff-nuff talent. ...plays 'the fool' too often!!! ...therefore not as good as he could be/as his talents would allow!
                It is- Has mi seh, half-fen(=often ) di dipha-rence between di good playa han di nuh good playa his ow commonsense his hused!!!

Comment

Yes true, but what is also true is he had 46 shots on goal and only ten goals. That is a 21 percent conversion rate, that is including the ten goals inside the 46 not sure if that is how they count it or the ten goals are outside the 46 shots on goal.

While wright Phillips had 57 shots on goal but scored twenty seven which is a 47 percent conversion rate or obafemi martins with 36 shots on goal and 17 goals a conversion rate also of 47percent.

So deshorn is getting off a lot of good shots on goal but conversion rate is poor which speaks to technique, confidence and practice issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Yes true, but what is also true is he had 46 shots on goal and only ten goals. That is a 21 percent conversion rate, that is including the ten goals inside the 46 not sure if that is how they count it or the ten goals are outside the 46 shots on goal.

While wright Phillips had 57 shots on goal but scored twenty seven which is a 47 percent conversion rate or obafemi martins with 36 shots on goal and 17 goals a conversion rate also of 47percent.

So deshorn is getting off a lot of good shots on goal but conversion rate is poor which speaks to technique, confidence and practice issues.
                    Why do you assume or conclude that
                    deshorn is getting off a lot of good shots on goal?
                    I would think the logic following on your
                    conversion rate is poor
                    is, Deshorn is getting off a lot of poor shots!!! Right????

Comment

"too often" suggests that he should go!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                      X