Ronaldinho abuse reveals soccer racism in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldinho abuse reveals soccer racism in Mexico

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexican football got a boost in September when former Brazil and Barcelona star Ronaldinho -- a two-time FIFA player of the year -- joined modest local club Queretaro.

The upbeat mood didn't last long. Even before he had played his first match, he was the subject of a racist attack -- the kind that has become common for black soccer players across Europe.

Mexico has a history of racism on the pitch. But it was largely overlooked until the arrival of Ronaldinho.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...exico_17871850
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

hey...we brand man as Donkey in jamaica...so dem call people Ape...

Comment

when dem call demself ape that will mitigate the situation .... when man call demself donkeyman is a likkle different.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i have been among mexican fans (at games) on many occasions. They are at best a rabid group.

Recall whenever the opposing GK kicks out the ball...the mexicans all hold their hands up, jiggle their fingers and shout Puuutttoooo ( a profanity I think of sorts).
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

the article said that darker skinned mexicans call each other Ape...like how we call each other Donkey & Blacks & Whitey & C@@lie (the forum won't even let me type it) Babu & Yellowman & all sorts of politically incorrect terms

Comment

puto (noun) =fag
            puto (adj.) = effing, damned, bloody

puta = whore
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              the article said that darker skinned mexicans call each other Ape...like how we call each other Donkey & Blacks & Whitey & C@@lie (the forum won't even let me type it) Babu & Yellowman & all sorts of politically incorrect terms
              Sounds like you've found a home for my boy Suarez!!! And is wid us!!! LOL!! Okay, jesu fada, is jes a joke!!
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

My thing is rubbing salt to a wound temporarily majes things worse,after that you still have The wound.
                When the purchasing power is far more greater for a brown skinned person than it is for a dark(darker) skinned...then that is The wound,and being verbally hostile is the salt...
                One continent,who gets the guns,who gets the good trading regulations,who fah land get tief whey,who fah border looks like clearly marked enemy lines in WW2?
                Misdirected anguish in Mexico,akin to when people proudly declare they have the blood of the slave master.....,my confused "brown" fellow Jakans.

Comment

Have always been puzzled on why minorities are racists?

I understand there is an inbred...embedded...preference for/of 'own race'...but what is there in the past history of minorities that puts one minority group against another purely because of 'skin colour'? Just cannot understand the logic or reasons for root cause.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it might be an extension of the preference of own race by how does that account for black on black crime in places with cultural diversity like the US and GB and possibly even Canada?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      it might be an extension of the preference of own race by how does that account for black on black crime in places with cultural diversity like the US and GB and possibly even Canada?
                      My theory is that it is probably because "self preservation" and "selfishness" are both truly only about "self", and not necessarily "own kind". Blacks involved in black-on-black crime anywhere, are not unlike whites involved in white-on-white crime, each only interested in themselves first, not their "kind" first. "Kind" is probably only of interest when "self" is fully taken care of and protected...or severely threatened on a macro-level, whether that threat is perceived or real makes no difference.
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Did I just 'hear you' right?
                        ...mmmm?

I say that I hear you...but if I could become more perplexed on the issue your take just adds to...or at very least keeps me puzzled.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          My theory is that it is probably because "self preservation" and "selfishness" are both truly only about "self", and not necessarily "own kind". Blacks involved in black-on-black crime anywhere, are not unlike whites involved in white-on-white crime, each only interested in themselves first, not their "kind" first. "Kind" is probably only of interest when "self" is fully taken care of and protected...or severely threatened on a macro-level, whether that threat is perceived or real makes no difference.
                          I am impressed with your philosophical approach and answer.

From my position, black-on-black crime occurs by the fools and idiotic among our "kind".

I maintain that >75% of our developmental problems are within "OUR" control. It does not come from outside.

Take Chicago as a case study: The Polish, Italians, Hispanic, Chinese, Koreans and other groups have carved out unique economic and cultural niches.

Compare that with Black (who have roots in this great city long long before the above mentioned groups.
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

depends ..... there were 2 words missing in the original post

"it might be an extension of the preference of own race by the way how does that account for black on black crime in places with cultural diversity like the US and GB and possibly even Canada?"

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                              I am impressed with your philosophical approach and answer.

From my position, black-on-black crime occurs by the fools and idiotic among our "kind".

I maintain that >75% of our developmental problems are within "OUR" control. It does not come from outside.

Take Chicago as a case study: The Polish, Italians, Hispanic, Chinese, Koreans and other groups have carved out unique economic and cultural niches.

Compare that with Black (who have roots in this great city long long before the above mentioned groups.
                              If you really want to be impressed, beg X to give you fi him answer! LOL!!! Anyway, you bring up a good point. Most developmental problems are within our control, but not all. There is no question in my mind that elements of the system are rigged to keep minorities from advancing and the most important one is education. I may NOT be 100% right on this, but as I understand it, K-12 public education is funded primarily from property taxes. Therefore, rich neighbourhoods can afford better schools. Now, tell me, how can the problems of poor neighbourhoods ever be remedied if the "haves" don't want to be fair? One solution is to make sure that the best among us don't move out of the "old neighbourhoods" but who wants to live among the bottom feeders, like kind or not? It is a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X