No announcement yet.

Awful Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good seems like he has brought a new energy with him. Leadership will be key for this motley crew.

Comment

in the first 25 minutes of the first half? yuh have sense?

Comment

There is one glaring problem with the team. Shooting. We should have won this by 6. Good playing but we miss some easy chances. The coach should mostly be doing shooting drill today.

Nice crowd.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Top e noise bout, weh did awful bout it den mek mi ask yuh?

Comment

the great thing about digital technology is the data trail it leaves...go look at the time i posted "awful football"...then read my subsequent posts...a football match is 90 minutes in length

Comment

Just saw 1st half on concacaf website...

I would not classify the first 25 minutes as awful.. Antigua was more in the game.. not bad quality actually.. boyz just got better as game progressed..

Rboyz completely took over by bout 10 mins into 2nd half..

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                is the montego bay complex field bigger than stadium...
                Having visited, it appears...not just smaller but much smaller. ...but that may be not the case as my memory tells the field at the National Stadium is just a tad larger than that allowed for international games.

The largest field I have ever seen and been on in JA was the defunct Coptic club's field in St. Thomas. Having difficulty recalling the name of the club - Morant United? I think that field was the then FIFA Laws of Game allowed maximum size. (Haven't a clue if the current Laws of the Game have changed size stipulation).

NB: Current FIFA's directives on size:

Recommended dimensions
                Playing field: length: 105m, width: 68m
                For all matches at the top professional level and where major international and domestic
                games are played, the playing field should have dimensions of 105m x 68m. These
                dimensions are obligatory for the FIFA World Cupâ„¢ and the final competitions in
                the confederations’ championships. The playing field should have the precise markings
                illustrated.
                Other matches can be played on a playing field with different dimensions and the
                Laws of the Game stipulate the maximum and minimum dimensions. However it is
                strongly recommended that new stadiums have a 105m x 68m playing field.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...ts_en_8211.pdf

---

What considerations were taken under advisement when the stadium was built? ...and what were the reasons for decisions taken?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

this was the period where they were booting ball out of defence aimlessly...that was what i considered awful...

Comment

Look,I want EVERYONE to note when "we were not bad and Antigua was just better" we were in desperate need to get on the scoresheet ,that came by way of the best goal of the night by a local,Lawrence.
                    Even the substitutes gave good accounts of themselves.
                    I think Dawkins is a general!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Having visited, it appears...not just smaller but much smaller. ...but that may be not the case as my memory tells the field at the National Stadium is just a tad larger than that allowed for international games.
                      So, the National Stadium field is not regulation size?!?! Didn't realise we had possibly the largest field in the world!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fine, weh yuh call dat redemption (songs of freedam ah who di Gong)

Comment

Sabina is now a better football ground than stadium

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah, I am loving Dawkins too, full of confidence and enterprise can carry, move and distribute the rock. Between him and Jobi we saw some nice 1-2's nice interchange.

Comment

There may have been one or two speculative passes out of defense.. nothing to generate cussing.. I would have remembered..

Comment

Bricky, wah mi say? Go siddung and go hold a meds my yute! Or take them!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X