Arsenal Crew thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal Crew thank you

We can always depend on you lot to give us 3 points.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

We need some consistency.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Based on the overall quality in your TEAM, the players did

very, very well.

Congrats!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Never mind a draw, why did my Gunners lose?

It would be easy to say poor finishing by Jack Wilshire, who should have easily had 2, but that would be blinding self on TEAM. I am by no means letting Wilshire off the hook. He is a poor TEAM player.

There is no doubting his technical ability but the fellow lacks 'smarts'. He does not realise that TEAM successes bolsters his play. He does not yet realise that when the TEAM on which he plays consistently loses to the other top TEAMs that the ability of his TEAM's top players take a hit. He is considered by many to be one of England's and my GUNNERS' top players. ...both of these his TEAMs consistently disappoint.

...but Wilshire aside, what is wrong with a TEAM that attacks so well up until the opponent's penalty-area but consistently fails to score?

Let me suggest that it is a breakdown of TEAM play in and around the opponent's penalty-area that wins my GUNNERS so many failures against top quality opposition and too frequent number of failures against so-called 'lesser TEAMs'. Today's match against BoyU bears out that point. BoyU over-run on possession and my GUNNERS recurring incursion into BoyU's penalty-area but BoyU running out 1 - 2 winner.

On the run of play my GUNNERS should have won by at least 3 goals...save the shooting of selves in the foot with poor choices on shots (passes on goal) and passes. The numbers of ill-advised passes (shots) on goal were numerous. On these shots (passes on goal) there was always better placed TEAMmates...with some of those placement if passes were made 'tap-ins' would have been the result.

The game of football is never...and has been never...about gunning for individual glory. It has been all about TEAM whereon individual glory follows as natural occurring event.

For my GUNNERS it would be instructive to closely observer Lukas Podolsky. He is a no-nonsense TEAM man. Not for him the fancy 'waste'. For Podolsky it is all about TEAM and putting the ball in the back of the net.

Alexis?
        ...can beat any top world player but often spurns assisting TEAMmates in on goal. Surely today he could have had three assists if he so desired?

...oooh Rooney? ...and Angel Di Maria?
        Simple TEAM football!! ...fact is, the entire BoyU team players were fixated on helping each other. No fooling around. Good show, BoyU!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sir,Arsenal never scored first hence Man U too stayed in first gear.Had Arsenal scored first,the possession stats would have changed.Also,numerous Arsenal attacks were thwarted in our box,with a few Arsenal players losing possession,clearly the great job our defense did is being overlooked by you.
          The missed opportunities by your strikers have everything to do with deGea having a stellar game.
          Our second gear was not revealed to Arsenal,it was not needed.

Comment

Moyes vs RvG,Scholes what sayeth thou?
            We have played all the traditional top teams,today's performance ranks lowest,the minnows are the ones we have to fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
              Sir,Arsenal never scored first hence Man U too stayed in first gear.Had Arsenal scored first,the possession stats would have changed.Also,numerous Arsenal attacks were thwarted in our box,with a few Arsenal players losing possession,clearly the great job our defense did is being overlooked by you.
              The missed opportunities by your scorer has everything to do with deGea having a stellar game.
              Our second gear was not revealed to Arsenalnit was not needed.

Oooh yes, Your TEAM did well.

...but the GUNNERS were far superior save on scoring! ...and consistency on 'setting up' TEAM-mates. BoyU played better TEAM on attack. Relative to my GUNNERS, never had the ball often but when that happened made higher %age threat on goal of total possession. (e.g. say my GUNNERS were in threatening positions 50 times...had say 10 good shots on goal...and BoyU had 5 but made 4 = that computes to the 4 of 5 being higher %age threat than the 10 of 50!)

Comment

True but I usually take the first match to get an idea of how the rematch will go,we will not surrender possession then.I did note that The swiftness of your strikers proved problematic though.

Comment

Arsenal Fans be Happy Jack Wilshere will be rewarded

And so the merry go round continues, English media hype a player after a few good games and then he gets overpaid...Ha ha ha.

Sport Football Arsenal transfer news
                  Arsenal preparing bumper new contract to keep Jack Wilshere at the Emirates until 2020
                  Nov 22, 2014 22:30
                  "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Working...
                  X