Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    More intelligent than Welbeck?
    Where has Welbeck put a foot wrong save on his shooting and his too often 'switching off"? His technical skills are very good. His movement is very good. Specific to passing - he has been very good! ...and on setting up of TEAMmates he has been very good!

Special mention: The area besides his shooting that needs work is his defending. Not that he does not have the ability to be very good at defending...but he is a sometimes defender. Too often he 'switches off'...jogs back or walks about and allows an opponent to 'go' or just plain shows no interest in the opponent he should be defending on and allows him to go. Wilson is currently even poorer on that defending focus and going with the opponent on defense!

So how do you arrive at Wilson's seemingly higher level of intelligence? Perhaps, I am missing something, so please "tell me"?
    With a defense attorney like you, who needs a prosecutor.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      I like Wilson but his decision to go for glory could have been the difference between getting maximum points are not.

One word.....Christiano Ronaldo. OK that's two.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

True but remember Falcao too is making a case for inclusion.

Comment

For every CR there are a few Cleverly,Januzaj etc
          Just feel our best chance is to go hard,Wilson's development should not be the priority right now.

Comment

yes but Manu hasn't decided to buy him yet. Wilson is there property, and I assume he has been training good with the first team while Falcao was out injured.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"Just feel our best chance is to go hard,Wilson's development should not be the priority right now. "

Why not?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bottom line,I like my chances with Falcao,the expectation is more clearly defined with him,Wilson can also do good given his age but is that necessarily good enough for the team?

Comment

Well at the end of the day,LvG's tactics have been effective and Wilson's oversight turned out to be inconsequential so I am only suggesting rather than demanding.

Comment

Falcao is proven but as HL would say, maybe "tired legs". James Wilson will be scoring a lot of goals in not so distant future, for Manu or somewhere else. Mark my word. If Manu had given Pogba a little more run he would have been their rock in the middle right now. I will say no more.

Comment

You made some poignant points,thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X