Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell signed to the Timbers

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports1.html

United States Major League Soccer (MLS) outfit, Portland Timbers, has exercised its option on 20-year-old defender Alvas Powell, signing the Jamaican outright from Portmore United for a record six-figure sum.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports1.html

United States Major League Soccer (MLS) outfit, Portland Timbers, has exercised its option on 20-year-old defender Alvas Powell, signing the Jamaican outright from Portmore United for a record six-figure sum.
    Congrats tuh di yute.... Hit n Miss Skool ball strikes again
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Reportedly worth US100,000?

Major deal?

I hope his remuneration is more inline with acceptable top MLS players!!!
      Congrats, young man. ...many more upward steps, I hope!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

A weh di? 100,000usd = 63,000 pounds?
        Portmore them a joker. This youth could've moved to Besiktas in Turkey for 200,000 euros last year but Portmore people them acted like clowns.

Comment

kiss teet...yuh believe any european side was interested in him?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            kiss teet...yuh believe any european side was interested in him?
            I don't believe, I know for a fact that Besiktas was ready to take him......

Comment

Maybe they did not realise the value of the euro and thought it was in lires!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There must be a sell on clause in this contract, where Portmore gets money from future sales, if not they definately could get more for this youth. As the article said they didn't see the full contract.

If Powell plays well in the MLS and the regional tournaments this year, no way he is staying in the MLS. Maybe it is a way to give Portland some more security and Portmore to keep him in the shopping market.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So why could the same not have been done for galatasaray?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

we can only guess but maybe they wouldn't want that and just wanted to buy the play straight out.

You nuh find it strange that they would take less from an MLS team when the club would be getting more and the player would be playing at a higher standard?

As mi granny would say "something inna something".

Comment

If it was anywhere else I would find it strange....but I have experienced some backwudniss .....

Comment

last time I heard a similar story jermaine hue was back in the island saying he turned them down to play for harbour view...snicker

Comment

Working...
                        X