Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'LA' Lewis update

Gordon Williams, Sunday Gleaner Writer

For an agonising moment, between the "pop", drop and arrival of medical help last July, André 'LA' Lewis confronted doubt.

As he crumpled to the turf following a collision during an exhibition football game in the United States, the Jamaica youth international immediately sensed something was horribly wrong.

"His knee ran into the outside of my knee," Lewis recalled December 3. "That's when I heard something pop. I knew it was serious right after. I couldn't walk.

"I never had an injury like that before. At the moment when it popped, I thought my foot was broken."

Lewis was wrong. It was worse.

"I tore my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and ripped part of my meniscus in my right knee," he said.

The frustration that followed was rare for the seemingly ever upbeat Lewis, who thrived on skill and confidence to become a local star at St George's College, "one-to-watch" globally after a brilliant goal against France at the 2011 Under-17 World Cup, and a member of Jamaica's senior squad as a teenager.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports7.html

Wish di balla all the best and a swift, 110% recovery
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
    X