Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica vs. Panama- Discuss Game Here

0-0 20 min.

Panama with a slight edge in play, two good scoring chances, both of which missed the net, to one for Jamaica (saved, then the Jamaica player could not control the rebound).

0-0 halftime.
    Two scoring chances for Panama, one saved, one just missed. None for Jamaica. Jamaica is playing as if they consider a pass as a last resort. At 0-0, Jamaica is still in the game, but they need a tremendous individual effort, or a goal off a set piece.
    Last edited by Bruce; January 14, 2015, 09:54 PM.

Thanks, Bruce
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

2nd Half

Jamaica 0-1 Panama 56 min.

0-1 75 minutes. Panama controlling the action. Jamaica out of ideas.

0-2 86 minutes. Panama scores on a nice shot from the edge of the box.
      Last edited by Bruce; January 14, 2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

The link was spotty. Much buffering!

...after Panama scored it died on me. Now 85 minute and I still cannot get a live streaming video. Incidentally - still 1 - 0 to Panama!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Panama 2 - 88minute!!!

Comment

has anybody ever heard of or seen a flat back 5, lol

So in a must win game, you start a 5 3 2, a flat back 5 I might add. Then after going a goal down it didn't dawn on you to pull one of your defenders and add a another attacker.

Comment

Aside: Mex has been the pick of the TEAMs.

The others? Standard of varying degrees - from a high of not too bad through awful!

If we assume that our young players have the necessary intelligence to, once properly taught learn...then our results suggest that the coaching - (earliest stages through U-20) - in JA is **** poor! No TEAM! ...just collection of individuals!

Comment

Outplayed outcoached outmuscled and outscored

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why you and the gang was blowing fumes at me when I said it a few days ago, that the coaching was not what it could be?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

manning cup players CANNOT compete at this level. punto final!

look at jaheel hyde, wolmers want want him to win trophies for them in track and football. how does that help one or the other? it doesn't .... they are both extra curricular activities for the school. a team will win and another will lose regardless of the quality put out. bottom line...developing a footballer for a school is less important than winning especially in an era of "buying" players.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

and schools switching coaches like crazy.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

high schools fall under the purview of min of ed and ISSA, not JFF!

min of ed is NOT responsible for the DEVELOPMENT of a national football programme neither is ISSA .... that development must take place outside of these 2 entities who have no such mandate. how difficullt is that to understand?

Comment

I have no idea. They have to work somewhat with them but development of these players should be the primary focus of the JFF and its affiliates including the parishes and the top clubs.

Comment

yup. untill the jff or a foreign club decides to invest in an academy here ..... more of the same.

it requires "time and patience"

Comment

True but the local clubs can do more too. My thing is unless the local club organize the development aspect of it I don't see the foreign club running in.

I don't think the JFF is interested in new ideas and seen how the big clubs associate themselves with other clubs, they want something in return, they are not just doing this for charity. You have to help them sell shirts and be of certain standards. We have a lot of work to do on the local landscape.

Comment

Working...
                              X