No announcement yet.

Calling out - Gamma, Bricktop and Sass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling out - Gamma, Bricktop and Sass!

What is so mindboggling...that so befuddles you, Gamma and Bricktop about putting competent teachers in schools?

What so upsets that you all have mounted this tremendous resistance to having persons who have the subject knowledge and methods to deliver education on the correct way to think on and play the game in our schools?

You are so hell-bent on retarding progress in quality of football played within the schools that you twist yourselves in knots to defend the indefensible. The chatter that 'x', 'y' and 'z' suggests improved quality of play in schools is counter productive is asinine.

The suggestion that additional time cannot be found during the school year for the exceptional talents in a particular sport flies in the face of time found for other subjects for other talented students.

What are the time-table constraints that would permit the non-athlete student to focus on English, Mathematics, Science...etc. and other academic subject but deny the student athlete because his other subject is a sport?

How many hours per day/out of each day does a young academy footballer spend on the game? ...and how many hours does the young academy footballer spend on academic pursuits?

How many hours a day could a school allot to the young footballer? ...and how many hours per day would that young footballer in school have available for academic pursuits?

I wish Gamma, Sass and Bricktop to rationally put before us the syllabus that would preclude adequate...the normal time...the present allotted time for academic subjects being impinged on/compressed/reduced if football was included on the syllabus? ...and that in context whereon time commensurate to what holds in first rate academies is allotted?

Academies: Please post times spent on each of football - football pitch and off-pitch training, academic studies and leisure time?

...again, explain the insurmountable barriers to doing same in our schools?

No crap!
    The facts!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I would be repeating myself. See all my previous posts on the topic

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

football is a business...wake up Karl...

Comment

So you do not wish to post the facts on scheduling or you do not have the facts? Well...?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it matters not to you that in the numerous ivory coast examples players are observed in informal neighbourhood games & brought to academies for testing & development...

Comment

Karl first thing is you will never have enough competent sports teachers in schools. In Kingston I can bet the average is more than other parishes and still not enough. First thing is most are not paid and are not paid and most are not paid at the rate that top coaches get paid.

Second there are too many schools to go around and not enough time in school hours to attend to football business. I understand in England some(maybe most) academy will train before and after school.

At my kids academy they can train up to 5 days a week for 1.5 hours, most days using different coaches and different sessions. I can only make it 2 to 3 days but it is available. Then almost all weekend from middle of August to the first week of December they have competitive games and take a break until mid feb. then it starts again and I have the option of doing winter games. There are game sat and sun most weekends. Sorry but the average kid in a Georgia Academy has played more than 30 competitive game in 3 months and has had national certified coaches working with them in practice on a weekly basis.

Tell me how this can be achieve in high school PE. Thanks.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Karl first thing is you will never have enough competent sports teachers in schools.
              Sass: Why do you insist in 'locking your brain'?
              Have we not spoken about the ignorance of teachers of football...ad nauseam? Yes? OK...Yes!

...and you know what you do when you need competent persons?
              Let me tell and remind of the task mentioned more than numerous times...TRAIN the numbers required...and institute continuing education.

Got to run! Shall return to this later!
              I am back!

In Kingston I can bet the average is more than other parishes and still not enough. First thing is most are not paid and are not paid and most are not paid at the rate that top coaches get paid.
              What has this to do with 'the price of bread'?
              Bet on, boss!

The matter of inadequate and ignorant teachers of the game of football is known. ...and our results - type and quality of play screams it so!!!

Second there are too many schools to go around and not enough time in school hours to attend to football business. I understand in England some(maybe most) academy will train before and after school.
              Seriously Sass, you cannot be saying training can take place before and after school in England but not in Jamaica?

At my kids academy they can train up to 5 days a week for 1.5 hours, most days using different coaches and different sessions. I can only make it 2 to 3 days but it is available. Then almost all weekend from middle of August to the first week of December they have competitive games and take a break until mid feb. then it starts again and I have the option of doing winter games. There are game sat and sun most weekends. Sorry but the average kid in a Georgia Academy has played more than 30 competitive game in 3 months and has had national certified coaches working with them in practice on a weekly basis.

Tell me how this can be achieve in high school PE. Thanks.
              Tell me why it cannot be achieved within the school system?

Sass: You list supposed obstacles and within same 'construct' supply the answers/solutions! Are you for real?

- Look I understand the gut reaction that tells you our schools can never be upgraded to competently handle quality teaching/coaching...but as Bob said,
              "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery"!
              ...and before Bob, Marcus said,
              “Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ...".
              Wake up and live, boss!
              FORWARD!
              Last edited by Karl; January 16, 2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

"TRAIN the numbers required...and institute continuing education."

First there is a big difference between quantity and quality. You can train all you want but it doesn't mean you will get the results. We have more teachers with PHD now than ever before.

Secondly we need train teachers in school but in reality you don't have a lot of "man teacher" to go around, never had, and secondly many of the school don't have the resources, worst in a time when Ministry is cutting. Don't ignore this, how can a stalwart high school like Titchfield high not enter Dcup as they did in the 1990s because of lack of resources?? imagine some of the lesser schools.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

karl is using abstract thinking, and that is where we start. but that has to be adjusted to your reality otherwise you end up frustrated, like HL when he tried to re-integrate into jamaican life ...... ....

the more resourceful will find a way to make it work given the realities.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...funny guy....

...so i can't re-integrate in the jamaican society huh.....?

Well, Mutabaruka maybe right: 'it nuh good fi live inna whiteman country too lang..."
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Why would you want to try and convert bruk pocket High Schools that can't even educate people properly into football academies ???!

Sound like some hair-brained politician scheme...

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                        Why would you want to try and convert bruk pocket High Schools that can't even educate people properly into football academies ???!

Sound like some hair-brained politician scheme...

Why would you wish to convert them into academic academies?
                        The answer can be simply stated - To assist preparation of the students for life after school!!!

Comment

Karl, lets start with the coaching. Where the money going to come from to pay the 'competent teachers' of football?
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin;505641[quote
                            ...how can a stalwart high school like Titchfield high not enter Dcup as they did in the 1990s because of lack of resources?? imagine some of the lesser schools.
                            In the context of the thread - What are you trying...trying to say?

- Just pause and think on some of the ways what you said above could stimulate thought? Please? Pretty please?

One line of thinking: You are a Titchfield High past student what are your thoughts on that "how"?

How many past students of Tichfield are alive? (Conservative estimate of those above 25 years old = 200 x 50 = 10,000)?
                            What is the average age of living/life expectancy of Jamaicans?

How many of those past students have the means to make a contribution of at least J$1200.00=U$10.00/per year?

+ Sponsorship in kind and cash?

- Another line of thinking - What does it cost to field a properly trained...scratch "properly trained" and institute "equally poorly trained" as per the past '90s teams and satisfy obligations that entry in the D'Cup would demand?

What the hell has happened to the quality of administrators at Titchfield? Are they so inept that they could not plan and mobilize such that a football squad could not be prepared and once prepared satisfy D'Cup obligations?

- ...and another - Wonder why D'Cup is no longer important to Titchfield?

...and on and on...

Sass: Let us hear where you are coming from?
                            ...when considered in light of schools that entered D'Cup, the administrators of Tichfield come up 'smelling'...and I for one would like to think there is a reasonable explanation for the administration's 'stumble' or God forbid, deliberate act???!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              it matters not to you that in the numerous ivory coast examples players are observed in informal neighbourhood games & brought to academies for testing & development...
                              In light of the suggestion that our JA schools provide improved learning environment for our kids?

Not at all!

Aside: ...and it is an aside to the suggestion that improved instructions be aim for our schools; the matter of establishment of top quality football academies in JA is also to be pursued.

Comment

Working...
                              X