No announcement yet.

From the senior coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is just wha day Karl embrace the football specific academy. Not even sure when it happened!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      Is just wha day Karl embrace the football specific academy. Not even sure when it happened!
      lol
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

How long has the Captain been at the helm again?? just asking..
        Peter R

Comment

As I said Karl is consistently inconsistent. He will soon stop talk about academies and say the academies should be the schools. Wait and see.. You notice his emphasis on teachers and not coaches???? LOL!!!!
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is not true. ...but then you are blind to the need for best practices in managing in all areas in our schools. What is suggested for football is mere reflection of that wished for in our delivery of service in other areas. A striving for good administrative practices and excellent outcomes.

The truth is to institute our (JA's) development project is about fusing our various already in place entities, modernization of same and adding required parts. We already have blocks on which to build - schools, clubs and other administrative structures. These need modernization and strengtheing.

See on main site editorial approved by our editorial 'staff' written and submitted by me - Monday, December 6, 2004: The Academy...Some Questions and Thoughts? ...more than 10 years, a decade past!!!
            Last edited by Karl; January 17, 2015, 11:41 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

[quote=Assasin;505730]As I said Karl is consistently inconsistent. He will soon stop talk about academies and say the academies should be the schools. Wait and see.. [quote]

Reading is a problem?
              I have consistently spoken of Academies - both in schools and without.
              Only in your mind is there inconsistency in the promotion of both at the same time.

You notice his emphasis on teachers and not coaches???? LOL!!!!
              It is simple - The reason I use teacher as substitute for coaches is to encourage a throwing out of the thought='putting it out there' that a good football coach is merely a good teacher delivering education on the specific subject, football.
              Clearly that part of my lesson you did not grasp...hopefully now it is spelt out in a direct manner you now understand the words - coach and teacher - use here are interchangeable.
              Last edited by Karl; January 17, 2015, 03:55 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So why is there so much argument from you when we say we need some academy and the current schoolboy system is not up to standard. Which one of us you hear saying "get rid of schoolboy football"? Most of us are saying at 17 year old a talent kid shouldn't be playing DCup or Manning Cup.

What in that argument you don't understand. What is wrong with what Gamma, myself, and Bricktop is saying? Facts now, don't make it up.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Guys is it just me that sees Karl embracing of academies as a recent thing? Knowing Karl it could be that he is agreeing with it after disagreeing with it after he initially agreed with it.

If is me one the. He is due a public apology from me.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    So why is there so much argument from you when we say we need some academy and the current schoolboy system is not up to standard. Which one of us you hear saying "get rid of schoolboy football"? Most of us are saying at 17 year old a talent kid shouldn't be playing DCup or Manning Cup.

What in that argument you don't understand. What is wrong with what Gamma, myself, and Bricktop is saying? Facts now, don't make it up.
                    Reading is a problem. You will never be able to point. to an instance of my being against academies.

I have promoted improvement in teaching the game in schools.

The matter of where our kids play shall be decided by parents/guardians & availability of options.

Comment

Guys is it just me that sees Karl embracing of academies as a recent thing? Knowing Karl it could be that he is agreeing with it after disagreeing with it after he initially agreed with it.

If is me one the. He is due a public apology from me.
                      Why if it is only you & not if you are wrong? If others are also wrong the apology is not warranted?

Comment

I have always been for improvement in schools but the emphasis of improving our best players can't be done in High school. Nobody is saying an you have to choose between academy and school. An academy can be before and after school only that if maybe if you play for an academy you will not be able to play Dcup, Manning cup or you you will play after school boy season but one of your biggest point is to lenghten the school boy season and keep the top players there.

Show me where you ever promote academy as a way of improving our youth football.

Comment

It would mean that me conclusions were baseless. If others share my view it would be less likely that I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Over the years, there have been quite a few people saying we should get rid of schoolboy football.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                              Fortunately someone has already shown the way to modernize the backward school league system ... the Lime Cup is a step forward but doesn't go far enuff.
                              How exactly is the Lime Cup "a step forward"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That maybe so, but I am not one of them and to suggest that I am is a downright lie!

I have gone on the say that the extra curricular football is all about school spirit and bragging rights not about developing national talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X