Rethink needed for Jamaica's age-group football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    It is common in the football world for team to choose ex-players over otherwise qualified coaches. Klingsman, Gulliett, Ramos, Latapy and so many others have benefitted.
    Klinsmann had already obtained his coaching license before being appointed Germany coach, and Ramos had already obtained his coaching license before being appointed USA U-20 coach.
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Does it matter? They hadn't no extensive coaching experience as assistants or head coaches. When did Tappa get his first certificate?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It matters if the alternative is choosing someone with no coaching credentials to speak of.
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

So many past players in the UK, US and other places go straight into coaching without badges or certification.

Look I only play college and I am qualified to go in and sit a D license in the US anytime I want, so experience in a professional environment counts, but the problem is can they deliver, certificate or no certificate. There is just too many who have failed.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X