Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF my answer.

First: Sorry to be late.

I have long known your views on Jamaican football; and what [in your opinion it takes] for it to be a success. You have placed the blame for lack of overall success on the JFF.

Jamaica does not have a history of playing good football.

When they qualified for the '98 WC...that was just happenstance IMO. And it was the Good Cap'n Burrell (JFF) who was the architect of it all.

To make this short, for Jamaica to begin to play good football, it MUST begin before High School. You see, by High School, the kids have developed bad football habits. It should start from at least Primary School.

Who should supervise this early stage of development? The JFF?

One issue that I am in total agreement with you--and it's part of the solution is: Jamaica need to introduce highly skilled outside help from the USA. You have listed several outside names (some with affliation to the country) that could give the Jamaican game a makeover. And that is what is needed.
    Last edited by HL; January 21, 2015, 04:48 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Whitmore wasn't even a school boy footballernwhere did he honed his skills?
    Onandi Lowe played defense and went on to be a prolific striker wherever he played,Ian Goodison played for what seems like an eternity...
    Bibi career outlasted .....
    Ricketts.....
    How did Jamaica WC performance match up against other WC Concacaf teams?
    We are absolving ciaches and foitball federations from their responsibilities when we are naive enough to blame school boy soccer,coaches have to get players to play..,and Football Federations are there to create an atmosphere fir success.
    No sense getting a ciach from the US because accirding to you,our players are incorrigible due to school boy football.

Comment

he said to bring in foreign coaches to develop youth players...not grown ass high school students

Comment

Look don 1, I am entitled to my opinion. So do you....and I respect it.

Shooot my mistake....it's Rockman.

You guys resemble sooo much!!!

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          he said to bring in foreign coaches to develop youth players...not grown ass high school students

HL

Comment

That might be obvious to you because of your mind reading capabilities.
            Years ago,I stated that the highest paid coach in Jamaica should be coaching our U17 team,however,if we are bent on being top heavy,why are we seeing no appreciable improvement regarding the ones understudying the well paid national coach?Did high school caused that too?

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion,what you are not entitled to is having it not questioned.
              Something went terribly wrong after 98,and it occurred with the "good captain" at the helm.

Comment

HL,let me ask you a question,the day after our last WC match you ask the good captain when will we make our next WC appearance and he says we will sit out at least three WC's,would you explore other options?

Comment

Rock, unlike most on this forum, i am not so bright.

Could you re-word your question in an easier way to understand.

HL

Comment

Happy to see you reference the '98 WC, but don't forget that Jamaica also qualified for the U17 & U20 WCs..............Now tell me when preparation started for these campaigns & what was KEY to molding each group into a TEAM.

***Was told, at RFK in '97, that the original goal, for the senior team, was qualifying for the '02 WC, but the team, of all local players, started exceeding expectations & forced them to start focusing on '98........I guess that shows what a LITTLE planning, organization & effective execution can achieve.

Comment

Who really started the ball arolling??? Was it one little man called Rene Simoes?

Just asking
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

For the purpose of argument let us assume that Burrell is not elected but hired,and you are the person doing the hiring.
                        You are faced with that task immediately after WC98, and ask Burrell when he thinks our next WC appearance will be.To that,he responds Jamaica will sit out three consecutive WC's,would you (then) hire him or explore other options?

Comment

One thing you remember. Burrell had a dream, Simoes had a plan.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Shortly after he did the same 1 week coaching course as Tappa.

Comment

After '98 the dream turned into a nightmare & nobody in the JFF can remember what the plan was.

Comment

Working...
                              X