Football Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Ministry of Education will never get the budget for that, not when basic school infrastructure is falling apart. Also, given how many medical professionals are needed and how many football professionals are needed it would not be a wise spend.

Has to be a public-private partnership if the program is going to be school-based. In fact that is effectively what the best funded school sports programs already have.
    Never say, never!
    Presentation is the key!

It is a different thing to coldly say, it would be great to increase expenditure on sports in our schools as opposed to,

Physical education has been a central component of the national education system since its first implementation in public schools in the late 19th century.

Incorporation of physical activity into schools is believed to offer a range of physical, psychological and social benefits and the National Curriculum contains policy, based on research by the University of the West Indies, Department of Education and independent education researchers, for physical education and sport promotion amongst the nation's youth. This policy has generally been effective in helping students increase their physical activity levels and meet national guidelines. However, this policy is lacking in some ways and metrics for evaluating the success of the region's physical education programme are somewhat limited.

The purpose of this review, re-evaluation and serious national intervention is to review existing evidence regarding physical education in schools.

The benefits of physical activity for children will first be considered, followed by a review of the National Curriculum's policy on physical education. The efficacy of this policy will then be discussed, highlighting any evidence evaluating this relationship. Limitations to existing policy will then be presented, and recommendations for future research and practice will be provided.

There is also the impact an improved well organized and implemented plan shall have on the citizenry and Jamaica's economy that must be considered. Statistics on numbers involved in sports education, numbers actively participating, associated professionals and vendors...total present economic impact and future expectations.

...etc., etc.? ...if you get what I mean?

NB: The above is a 'grab' - i.e. no careful work or review - from an essay with slight modifications. ...but it may give a look on/look into where I am going...how I view education and specifically properly structured education on sports.
    Point is presentation would tailored to meet required aims and activities.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you a principal and you get more funds. Science lab or make the football field bigger??? "Hhhhm. let me see."

That money is going to be diverted as they always are.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        you a principal and you get more funds. Science lab or make the football field bigger??? "Hhhhm. let me see."

That money is going to be diverted as they always are.
        Why the football field has to be made 'bigger'?
        It was never size to accommodate a field that satisfied legal requirements?

...and what there was never a science lab?

If, however, per chance funds were needed for improvements of the football field and the science lab and more then we would just have to work at getting all money needed! There just would be no option!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X