X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth at DM for JamSquad!

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/20...ley-impresses/

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.u...e.asp?a=384905

He doesn't play defensive mid. He plays a more advanced role. Good motor but very poor technical skills. Every couple years we have heard of him being available but don't see him even when the recruiting door was wide open.

Comment

Yuh start again?

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Saw him play in the 2nd half today and he has been mentioned so many times in the past but nothing ever happened as you said. They talk about his ball winning and physical presence over this season so far. We have a definitive need at Dm to support Austin and I think he could play that role in our setup well and also be able to interchange at am to provide a greater fluidity in our attack.

Let's see who we are able to get, truth is diaspora is more than our walking stick.

Comment

Hehe, me waan win, mi Nuh love the losing biz. Truth is we have big commitments coming up and nothing I hate more than seeing Jamaica name been a joke in this biz, to compete we must source all yard talent.

Comment

hope we don't have to recruit a defensive mid anytime soon but if we have to the best we can have is Karl Henry of QPR. I told unnu this about 10 years ago.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

How old is he now? We need a dm that can also pass and handle the ball. I think this guy pratley can do all those things. His best year was ten goals and five assists and his average is closer to five goals and three assists for an entire season, not enough to be the AM/ focal point that we need but defense is good enough to be a very nice dm that can also quickly make the transition into attack especially on the passing side.

Comment

Darren Pratley is a good player but I don't think he is a defensive mid. If you notice he may go out on the wing at times and drift from the middle. He will take the ball offensive. You need a defensive mid to be constantly in most tackle coming out of midfield, mostly in the middle of the park.

If we are playing 4-4-2 then I would use Pratley as the central midfielder on the left side but if we are playing with 3 midfielder I wouldn't put him in a central role.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I always want to play a 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 which makes for fast transitions on the counter and with Austin as the hard end dm a guy like Pratley can play a dm role with a pass and create mindset but also focused on creating mayhem on the defense side, disrupt and create chaos then use speed and passing to create mayhem in the attack. Always want two dm's before my defense, our advantages that can be maximized in our style are faster players, defense, clogging midfield, develop a patient, pressing style which is fast in transition,we have the players for this, we just need to identify the most disciplined players.

Comment

yes he is good with the transition from defense to offence, only thing is such players are normally caught out as they may not always concentrate on the defensive side. a few lapses. The reason why I liked Karl Henry is he will take a card when needed, and pretty much at like a sweeper in front of the back 4. Don't venture offensively as much but make the simple pass and always shadowing the play. Break up a lot of play in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                    X