My take on the Chile game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on the Chile game

I think it was a very decent showing by the Jamaicans, but let us consider a few things. First - did Chile allow us to look good?

I think they did. They were the ones dribbling...sorry, running at defenders, piling people, bussing salads. They were anti-team all afternoon (almost). It would have been interesting to see how they would have played had we scored first. I think they have the quality to beat this Reggae Boyz team any time they please. They showed enuff passing and individual skills to beat us. But after stringing 10 passes together, they invariably resorted to the showmanship. I thought our players showed some serious lapses in some key areas, even while believing that we need to cover for each other much better than we have done, even in Simoes' time. I like to see people overlap and leave their position, but shape is important. Covering for each other will take care of that.

The worst part of our game was Fuller, Fuller, Fuller. When was the last time we got a good game from this guy? He dribbles to no point, he can hardly make a half decent pass, he can't score to save his life. What? Head the ball? I totally miss his purpose on that field. All he contributed was a heap of dirty tackles. He should have been red-carded.

Luton's first-touch is still quite shaky but he makes up for it sometimes with his blinding speed. No doubt the fastest player in world football, but he must work on his touch. The English leagues are not kind to forwards who don't have exquisite first-touch.

Still not sold on some players but they all did reasonably well.

Just Fuller I have a major problem with. Time him give us a good game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

It took you how long to see this in Fuller ? Glad you notice the weakness in Sheltons game , that 1st touch can be a killer if he does or does not master it.

Pace can be easily contained but a good 1st touch can get you out of trouble.Not sold on him , Chile played down to us after the 1st goal , we lacked urgency.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Please, X! Nuh bodda come try pop off nuh stripe! Long time mi a cuss Fuller's performances. Long, long, lang time!

And as for Shelton, I've long said he was not the finished article. Tiyad fi tell unnu when everybody was going crazy about him. That opinion, that he still has some learning to do was, was also the view of the Sheffield United coach, who must have read my posts.

And I disagree. Yuh cannot teach speed more dan suh. Teaching someone to improve first-touch is a much easier task! Jerry Hue will never have Shelton's speed, But Shelton may one day acquire Hue's first-touch.

Well, we can only hope!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X