John Barnes: Black managers struggle to find a new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect, he has almost NO record.

He has never really been given a chance.

Comment

Arguably the greatest English baller, so yeah, he is entitled to a sense of entitlement.

Dem waste a great asset in England. What Zico seh?

Comment

Many here need to see the docu and realized what he faced at his own club Liverpool when he just joined.

Walk in a man's shoes sometime to unnerstan…

Big up di Georgian!

Comment

Burrell give him an offer?

When Bertis leaves, I hope he comes to coach StGC! Hehehehe

Comment

Willi just by your opening statement would offend a football panel. See now I understand your sentiment for the FINSAC issue because you feel that those that out loans should be all bailed out with Tax payers' money, given back their businesses to run it in the ground all over again. Why they are entitled. I see your mindset now.

Let me introduce you to this humble lion: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...rld-cup-qualif

have spoken a lot about this man in my house becuse of what he's been through. He was an assistant at WC2014, he nis now coaching Curaco. Did he cry to the media and say "Hey it's because I'm black that is why I didn't get to coach Holland" ,Look Van Basten just marched in and coached the team" No he served his apprenticeship and now doing the journey man phase of his apprenticeship. Patrick is going to be a top coach some day and I'm praying that does. I know what you willi and others will call him after all his hard work. "Uncle Tom" but that's okay because he knows he paid his dues to be a master class coach.

Barnes and yourself feels that things should be handed to him (Barnes) because he single handedly gave England their second WC (not even Rossi is behaving this way). So yeah they should just keep finding teams for him
            as he continues to mess up. He got the Celtics (big club with history and tradition) okay didn't work out. They then gave him div 2 team (thus he has more latitude to gain experience) it didn't work out. Now I guess he wants one of the Premier league teams, if that doesn't work then a team in Spain, then Italy, Germany then all over Europe until he says no more. If not it's racism. Look into yourself.

You even said he's the gretest player England ever had with a straight face?

Comment

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I did not ask for any Finsac bailout, I put the blame where it lay. It was caused by reckless MONETARY policy by some learner drivers who had no clue what they were doing and industry paid for it all on their own.

As to Barnes, you really did not know what impact he had on club ball in England. at his best he was unplayable. Go buy a Barnes DVD and you will understand. Zico understood implicitly.

Manager of the month in Jan and sacked on Feb 11.

Comment

Manager of the month is a small snap shot in time.
                No owner is going to hire a rabble rouser, and he should seek out a job as an assistant coach. Football owes him nothing....he needs to get to work and find another job in football.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  Manager of the month in Jan and sacked on Feb 11.
                  That says it all. Imagine that happening to a "normal" manager!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So you think its justified to fire a Manager of the month 11 days later?

Nothing owes anyone anything, BUT….

Fll in the blanks. You know runnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      So you think its justified to fire a Manager of the month 11 days later?

Nothing owes anyone anything, BUT….

Fll in the blanks. You know runnings.
                      Do you think Celtic fans consider Barnes to have been a successful manager of their club?
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

Who made him manager of the month?

Comment

Working...
                        X