Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm might be something here!!!!??!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...palace-9285383

The only thing missing here is John Barnes,the media have been very unkind to Sterling,with JB getting into the act.
    In one of the articles,it was said that Sterling does not love Pool the way a homegrown player would because he is from Jamaica,it stands to reason JB does not love LP ..because he is...
    I would say of the three groups interested in the Sterling drama,his fans are the only ones not knowing his value,Liverpool clearly does,and so too are the teams that are showing interest in the youngster.

Comment

You know what, you are right, he may have maxed out at Pool and pool more than any club in england has a different sense of identity and who fits that, so they make horrible decisions like getting Lambert because he is a local lad who done good, let's sign him.

That was literally the first shot from the post season gun. This guy Rodgers had a barn full of talent and we could get no consistency out of the lineup. Sterling is no striker and certainly he is no sole target striker, he has significant limitations finishing and this is where he got a lot of minutes.

I would not be too upset to see him go, I am not sure he can now live up to poolculture expectations seeing the wobbly variability of purpose from Rogers, I thought he had a blueprint of what he wanted but I am closer to the thought that it was partially a buck up based on selections of non fitting parts like Lambert and balotelli.

Comment

Stoni, you don't alway get what you want and who would think Ballo wouldn't score 10 goals for the season??

See Manu got Falcoa and Chelsea got Remy and how many goals did they score??? You heard Alexis Sanchez was close to signing for Pool but he choose Arsenal. Give Rodgers some slack, as his top striker Sturridge has bee out most of the season.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          You know what, you are right, he may have maxed out at Pool and pool more than any club in england has a different sense of identity and who fits that, so they make horrible decisions like getting Lambert because he is a local lad who done good, let's sign him.

That was literally the first shot from the post season gun. This guy Rodgers had a barn full of talent and we could get no consistency out of the lineup. Sterling is no striker and certainly he is no sole target striker, he has significant limitations finishing and this is where he got a lot of minutes.

I would not be too upset to see him go, I am not sure he can now live up to poolculture expectations seeing the wobbly variability of purpose from Rogers, I thought he had a blueprint of what he wanted but I am closer to the thought that it was partially a buck up based on selections of non fitting parts like Lambert and balotelli.
          Stoni - there is no question Liverpool's long and deep commitment to tradition can (and does) hurt them at times. However, when it comes to evaluating Rodgers, and the performance of the club, there are certain incidences that could have made a massive difference in the season that the manager had no control over - e.g. Gerrard's red card against Manu**, Lallana's point blank miss against Manu**...Balotelli's (not) offside goal against Villa in the FA Cup semi-finals, and there is more. My point is that when you start to say things like "partially buckup" it is actually not fair to say that without factoring in the performances and events beyond his control that had they gone the right way, could have had a positive impact on the season.

My personal take is that the club has failed this season to meet the minimal expectations of 4th place. But unlike others (e.g. Xcrement), I don't think you can heap responsibility 100% on the manager. For that to be the case, FSG would have to get rid of the "transfer committee", and give the man 100% control. Secondly, they have to put clear objectives in place and let everybody (fans, media, players etc.) know what they are, and third, they need to make sure that there is a minimal code of conduct expected from players, the manager, and all representatives of the club (both ON the field and OFF the field) that cannot be violated without serious consequences. For example, there should be ZERO tolerance for a player to be found "partying" x number of hours before or after a game (or partying with X for that matter), or speaking to the media without permission. Those are the kinds of things that make it possible for a team to stay focused and players to know their part.

To me, the failure this season lies SQUARELY at the foot of FSG, not on the shoulders of the manager. They run one of the most storied football clubs in the world, they either have to STEP UP and find the $$$$$ to compete, or sell to someone who can. This is no longer the football league of the past, where talent at the managerial, player and administration level trumped all, this is a league where you either have the funds, or stop pretending to be a contender. Much is made of the £110m that Rodgers spent last summer, but no one talks about the MASSIVE GAP between Chelsea's squad value and LFC's - which is still over £100m. Until FSG is ready to spend BIG, they could have Jesus at the helm (or even God = Rafa) and it won't make a difference. The numbers do not lie. Simple.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

This is the fact. You have 5 pretty decent club in England and one is going to get left out of top 4 next year. Last year it was Manu. You just have to wheel and come again. Two year in a row is a problem, but it was no secret that Pool is going through rebuilding and repositioning with Suarez left, cutting Gerrard, and Johnson income and bringing in some young players for the future. The strikers never worked out. Can you imagine if Rodgers had bought Falcoa and DiMaria??? He has a chance to come again next year.

Rodgers has done pretty decent with the squad he had this year.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LvG isn't intractable,he blamed RvP for missing a penalty after immediately returning from a lengthy period of inactivity because of injury.de Maria too was marginalised for an in form Mata.Mata always had the goals,but was earlier benched because he was found to be lacking in other areas,we do not see such steps taken regarding Sterling.
              The Courtinho reference has everything to do with Sterling being underappreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                LvG isn't intractable,he blamed RvP for missing a penalty after immediately returning from a lengthy period of inactivity because of injury.de Maria too was marginalised for an in form Mata.Mata always had the goals,but was earlier benched because he was found to be lacking in other areas,we do not see such steps taken regarding Sterling.
                The Courtinho reference has everything to do with Sterling being underappreciated.
                Sterling "underappreciated"??????????????? LOL!!!! Give me £100,000 a week and you can underappreciate me all you want.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

He hasn't accomplished anything at Pool,because of Pool.A closer look at the.. reveals he is far more productive than thought,besides getting booed attests to not being appreciated enough.

Comment

Rockie oh Rockie how can you say that.

Tell me another EPL player who got two weeks vacation in Jamaica in the middle of the EPL season?

Even your friend X was cussing out Rodgers for that. As Gerrard himself say Rodgers is one of the best Man Manager around.

I can understand when unnu dislike someone but man unnu make up the facts to go with it too?

Comment

Been booed is the emotion people showing because he said he wanted to leave. It is associated with they been upset and feeling hurt and betrayed by someone they use to love.

Comment

Sounds like an emotion some fans from some clubs will have but then I would be unwittingly be giving undue credence to Pool's fans if I hold them to the fans of Mab U standard.The use to love,did they ever love?
                        Sterling made a very difficult decision when he chose to represent England over Jamaica,had it not been for his undeniable prowess at playing ,I would be one that would say abey ,me tel yuh suh!
                        He ran the risk of losing his grassroot support(fellow Jakans)and seeing how his patriotism is being questioned is upsetting.Honestly,if it is too much to ask of Sterling to love Pool because he wasn't even born in England then it is probably to much to ask of Sterling to really love England because he wasn't even born there.I really do not like that environment for the Jakan.
                        Mr President,why do I think you just said to yourself dat me a tek it toooo serious?
                        It has always been the reasons for Sterling to go or stay.
                        Last edited by Rockman; May 20, 2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Well even the perks didn't make a difference,Sterling still wants to go,and amazingly Pool's fans are making that decision easy.Seriously,the way dem a deal wid the prodigy who is currently negotiating a modified contract..is as if hym abondoned his teammates fi a trip a yard wearing straw hat and sunglasses.
                          Anyway,under pretty much the same dynamics,could BR have done better?
                          If yes,what was the likely consequence?

Comment

Are you serious???
                            Look at when Lebron James left Cleveland??? Fans burn his shirts.

Sterling despite been born in Jamaica he spent most of his time in England and we knew he had a choice. If a Bolt or top prospect now change nationality then you would see how people act.

When Tevez left for Man City ofcourse you know Manchester United fans were not very welcoming to that so it is not just about Liverpool fans.

Come on now.

Comment

Could Fergie do better with Pogba??? There is always the ifs and the buts but at the end of the day there are 5 parties, the club, the coach, the player their agents and the person outside dangling the carrots.

Fabian Delph contract was up and everybody at Villa think he was going to leave as he had offers from big clubs and he is currently an English international with a bright future. He turned around and stay at Villa to everyone surprise, even the coach. The fans are mere pawn in this game.

If Sterling should stay, the same booing fan will worship him as in the case of Lebron James going back to Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X