USA GoldKup Warm-mup match...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA GoldKup Warm-mup match...

]As the clock ticks down to the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, the U.S. Men's National Team begins a second European tour today against the Netherlands at Amsterdam Arena. Kick-off is set for 2:30 p.m. ET and the match can be seen on ESPN, WatchESPN, UniMas and Univision Deportes Network.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Klinsmann need to move on from some of the players he keeps selecting for national duty.
    - Don't see Wondolowski for this squad & I hope he never gets called to another national team.
    - Rimando!!! Thank you very much. You have served us well, BUT it's time to move on. Bill Hamid should have been taken.
    - Bobby Wood did nothing to get called to the national team & has done nothing to keep getting recalled. Been with a 2. Bundeliga team since 2007 & has struggled in the league. He's now playing in 3. Liga, so his career is in reverse.
    - Beckerman!!! You have served us well and have been a warrior, but it's time to start giving players like Kitchen the playing time & exposure, as they should be in their prime by 2018.
    - Ibarra has done nothing, so far, to justify his continued selection.
    Last edited by USAF; June 5, 2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I take it that you did not watch this wonderful game. ....

HL

Comment

Very good fight back by the US team. Van Persie can't beg a goal.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am actually still hoarse from shouting a my TV....

I think Klinsmann will be taking this Gold Cup extremely seriously.

BTW: Ticket have been on sale at the Dome for a few week now.

CONCACAF Gold Cup CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinals
          Georgia Dome
          Wed, 07/22/15 See Tickets

HL

Comment

Bobby Wood the hero as USA fight back to sink sorry Holland

They were losing 3-1 with 20 minutes left. They were losing 3-2 with two minutes of normal time remaining. Yet in a finish as wild as it was improbable, the US pulled off their first ever win over Holland.

Jürgen Klinsmann famously likes to set his players stiff challenges. But with another friendly against Germany coming up next week, sending a roster missing many key names to face two of Europe’s top teams seemed to be courting the risk of severe embarrassment.

On Friday at the Amsterdam Arena, though, it was Guus Hiddink’s side that was left looking foolish. While the US back line was repeatedly breached by a home side that ought to have scored at least twice more, the visitors did not cave and produced a spirited second-half comeback that exposed the Dutch defence as lackadaisical and disorganised.

(continue)
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

What i like about Klinsmann is his relationship with his players. Even during the late stages of the game being down by 2 goals--he is seen exhorting his team!!!

He is also deep in the mix-- jumping and hugging and hi-fiving his players after every goal.

Friendly or not, this was a massive WIN!!

I will not erase this recording for a long time.

HL

Comment

Work.

Comment

He & Mexico......Saw where Mexico was planning to take their stronger squad to the Gold Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                    Work.
                    Work!!!???

Where are your loyalties USAF!!!!

Although you know the score...if there is a replay of the game--please watch it.

BTW: They play Germany on Wednesday.

HL

Comment

by the middle of the month I will confirm if I can make it.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Feds calleth, so I had to go.......Business before pleasure, plus, I don't want any Suburbans in my driveway.

Comment

Working...
                        X